Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Speaking from the Dais :: Official .:|:. The Headmistress's Sanctum
It is currently 30 Apr 2017, 11:46

Post subject: A request for religious sensitivity & a slight change to COT
PostPosted: 03 May 2010, 12:49 
Sheepdogging a new girl
Sheepdogging a new girl

The CBB is very tolerant of religious beliefs but we have noticed an increase in 'religion based' posts. Please remember that we have members of all faiths and none when posting and that in-depth discussion of religion may be better suited to other boards.

---

In addition to this, the mods have decided to make one post in Completely Off-Topic for "Thoughts for..." type posts, along the same lines as the Griping thread and the Happy thread. All prayer and thoughts requests should go there from now on. Separate posts will be merged into it, unless there has been special permission given by the moderators.

Edit: Just to say as some members were concerned: we are not trying to stop people asking for help and support from the CBB; it has always been a very helpful supportive place and we would like it to stay that way. But out of consideration for all our members (and of course with the never-ending quest to keep within the data limit) a specific place for such threads was seen as a good idea.

Top | End

Post subject: Re: A request for religious sensitivity & a slight change to COT
PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 22:59 
The Squeen
The Squeen

I had no intention of adding to Kate's post, as I think she covered the issue very well, but unfortunately there has been a new development which demands a strong response. In the course of their modding duties, one of the mods found a PM sent to the anonymous St Hild's log-in (used, for those who might not know, by people who feel they should post their troubles anonymously) which included the following lines:

Quote:
You are right when you say that you are wrong to do what you do and you should stop, and that you won't be forgiven unless you repent.

Quote:
And that's the problem with feelings - I feel this, you feel that, someone else feels something else and there is no absolute right or wrong. But that isn't true. It is the Lord Who tells us what's right and wrong (which is why you're so confused, because He is speaking to you and telling you the truth).

I would hope that everyone would be as shocked by this as I was. This is not a website predicated on any religion, and I will not have members sitting in moral judgement on each other (on behalf of God or anyone else).

Now, I am sure that this is a fairly isolated incident, but I would like to make my (and Kate's, and the mods') position very clear: this will not be tolerated. From this point, anyone who is found to distress another member (or guest) by making these sort of explicitly judgemental posts/PMs will have the matter raised in the staff room and, following discussion and depending on the context, may be suspended or banned from the board.

If you receive anything like this, which you feel is inappropriate (sorry, I know it's hard to define something like this!), please let one of the mods know.

Top | End

Board index .:|:. Speaking from the Dais :: Official .:|:. The Headmistress's Sanctum
It is currently 30 Apr 2017, 11:46