Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Raiding the Library :: Fiction .:|:. Joey's Trunk
It is currently 29 Apr 2017, 20:29

Post subject: Composition of Inter V in Trials for the Chalet School
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017, 14:40 
Buying your school uniform

I have a story brewing based on this book, with a new character arriving and joining (probably) Inter V, but I'm keen to make sure I have my details right and avoid too many EBDisms.

Can anyone confirm if Margot was still in Inter V in this book? I know she moves up to Vb around the Trials/Theodora period, but I'm suddenly seized with doubt as to when. Is Emerence in the same class as Margot? I know she's older than Margot, but she's also not very scholastically inclined :)

Currently I have the following in Inter V - Margot Maynard, Pru Dawbarn, Zita Rincini, Janet Kemp, Pen Grant, Marie Lemprière, Francie Wilford? Connie Winter? plus a few more of my own creation. Miss Moore is their form mistress, and they have the reputation of being utter demons and mindless sheep, respectively. :twisted:

On a more abstract note, my fic brings into the school a girl of a different ethnicity (Caribbean). Are there any characters you think might respond particularly positively or particularly negatively to her? I'm aiming for a tone matching the original books, no crack-fic or 'Chalet Girls Grow Up' here. :lol:

Top | End

Post subject: Re: Composition of Inter V in Trials for the Chalet School
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 07:31 
Learning to stand on your own two feet
Learning to stand on your own two feet

Inter V in Trials consists of

Prudence Dawbarn, Penelope Grant, Marie Lempriere, Janet Ingham, Elizabeth Kemp, Natalie Mercier, Zita Rincini, Jennifer Hughes (form prefect), Lisa Sybel, Renee Touvet, Anne Wood, as students who are mentioned as being in the from in that year. There's also Tessa Wynne, who is in U4 the year before, and Eloise Dafflon, Odile Paulet, Briony Quest, Therese Rambeau, Charlotte Muller, Maria Zinkel, Madeleine, Louise Grunbaum and Tina Harms, who are in Vb the following years, but aren't described as new girls.

Margot is in Inter V in Richenda, and Vb in Theodora, but it's not explicitly said which form she is in in Trials, so I think you can put her where you will. Francie Wilford is in the same situation. Primrose Trevoase is in Vb in Richenda and Trials, and Inter V in Theodora.

Emerence is solidly in Vb the whole year. Connie Winter is in U4a in that book. There are a few girls whose ages EBDism strongly who could be dumped in there if you want - Anneli Berotni, Isabel Drew, and Nancy Wadham.

Ring the bells that still can ring; Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything; That's how the light gets in
Anthem: Leonard Cohen

Top | End

Post subject: Re: Composition of Inter V in Trials for the Chalet School
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 10:34 
Buying your school uniform

Thank you so much! I had the first 8 or so but I'm never sure quite how many girls are in an average CS class. This saves me inventing too many new characters.

It's a class that's always interested me as they're so vilified as sheep and demons, but only Margot and Prudence see much action in the books

I recall in 'Ted' that Pen Grant is described as being in a friendship group of 5, which are never clearly defined, so I might squeeze my character in to that, along with Janet, Jennifer and one of the continental girls.

That's really helpful. I try not to get too bogged down in details, but I like to be true to canon where possible.

Top | End

Board index .:|:. Raiding the Library :: Fiction .:|:. Joey's Trunk
It is currently 29 Apr 2017, 20:29