Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. Spot Supper
It is currently 09 Apr 2020, 21:16

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Donna
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2006, 17:34 
Castor Oil!
Castor Oil!

Name: Donna (never did go much for originality)

Age (ish!):26

Location (approximate - no actual address, please!): Liverpool

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: No/no/no/no - very boring and sad! :)

Favourite and least favourite books and characters: Exile is my favourite book, Joey is my favourite character, though mainly early Joey (before the Swiss books!). Least favourite always used to be Head Girl, but since reading it in HB I feel it has been redeemed. Least favourite now is probably Summer Term or Althea. Least favourite character - I'm not sure I really have one. Lavender got on my wick a bit, as did Mary-Lou in some books but they both had their good points as well. I'd love to know what i wrote in the first one of these I did! :)

How you got into the Chalet School: I really can't remember. I suspect I came across them in the library, and being a big fan of school stories happily devoured them. My age would have been about 8 or 9 I think, and I have a contnuing fondness for Jo Returns which suggests it may have been the first one I read. I *know* Princess was the first one I bought, a state of affairs that can be easily guessed from the state of my poor pb copy!

Anything else: Trained as a History teacher, currently working on supply and looking for a permanent job. I haven't been around the board much lately, but maybe I'll take this opportunity to make myself known again! :)

Top | End

Post subject: Daphne
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2006, 19:08 
Arguing with your guardian

Name: Daphne will do

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: one SLOC (thinking he may count as a pet too at the minute).

Favourite and least favourite books and characters: I llike most books and most characters; although I find young Mary-Lou incredibly annoying (and she's not much better when she's older.)

How you got into the Chalet School: Got sick of re-reading Malory Towers when I was about 9 and they were near each other in the library.

Other stuff: Teacher, science geek, can't write to save my life but I love to read.

Top | End

Post subject: Dawn
PostPosted: 01 May 2006, 20:48 
Concerned about new girl
Concerned about new girl

Age (ish!): 44 (how did that happen :shock: )

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: OH - Andy, 3 teenagers - Jess now 17 and the BOGOF offer Matty and Chris who are now 15

Favourite and least favourite books and characters: I always find this so difficult - it does tend to change on what I've been reading recently (either on the board or proper books). I do love New Mistress, but my favourite ones are definitely the very early ones.
I do get bored by the last few in the series. As a child I loved Mary-Lou and Joey, but now I do get a bit annoyed by them at times :lol:

How you got into the Chalet School: I really can't remember for definite :oops: Like many others I read my way through any book which was around (including my fathers technical mechanical engineering journals once when we were on holiday and I'd finished everyone else's books :D ) I suspect I found them in he library and then started collecting them. I do know that Princess was one of my absolute favourites.

I found the CBB by playing around on Google one night when I'd got in from work around midnight and couldn't sleep. I was overjoyed that other people were seriously into the CS (although I do have a friend who is and we collected quite a few books when our kids were little). Although it became seriously bad for our finances as I quickly realised that the pbs were heavily cut.

Top | End

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. Spot Supper
It is currently 09 Apr 2020, 21:16