Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Speaking from the Dais :: Official .:|:. The School Noticeboard
It is currently 08 Dec 2019, 11:10

Post subject: Gather Raffle in memory of Pat Willimott
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012, 21:54 
Concerned about new girl
Concerned about new girl

I'm posting this here as well as in the gather forum so that more people have a chance of seeing it.

At the Robin Hole gather we had a sale of work and a raffle with the money going to Weston Park Cancer Hospital where Pat was treated. We also added in the last bit of the contingency fund (ie what we put on one side if we need more milk etc) and I have also had a couple of donations from Clare W and Susan (Elder).

Today I finally rang the hospital and spoke to their fundraising team and arranged for £120 to be transferred. They were absolutely delighted with it and asked me to pass on their very grateful thanks to all those who contributed. I will also be emailing Steve to let him know.

As a group we also made 11 teddy bears which are shortly setting out on their journey to Cambodia and a life of much hugging.

Thankyou to everyone who contributed in whatever way and an extra thankyou to Vikki the queen of teddy face embroidery!

Top | End

Post subject: Re: Gather Raffle in memory of Pat Willimott
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2012, 17:35 
Being taken down a peg or two
Being taken down a peg or two

Just to let you know I finally delivered the teddies to Pat's friend Lynne, who is going to Cambodia on Thursday. She was very touched, and a little bit emotional, and asked me to pass on her thanks.

Top | End

Board index .:|:. Speaking from the Dais :: Official .:|:. The School Noticeboard
It is currently 08 Dec 2019, 11:10