Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. Recommendations
It is currently 24 Apr 2017, 18:12

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Recommendations etiquette
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 14:56 
Starting in the Sixth
Starting in the Sixth

1. Subject lines

When posting a new topic please specify whether it is a book, film, TV show etc. If you are intending to start a discussion about a wider genre or author please state this is the Subject line. So:

BOOK: Anne of Green Gables
FILM: Dirty Dancing
TV: Dr Who
AUTHOR: Jane Austen
DISCUSSION: What shall I read on my 10 hour plane journey?

2. Spoilers

As we all know it can be really annoying when you unintentionally read a spoiler so please put them in white. Don't give away the ending of a book or a film in the first post, although a brief description of what it's about might be useful!

BOOKS: The first post should describe the genre and whether you enjoyed the book or note. If you want to move on to a discussion of the ins and outs of the book please be sensitive to the fact that some people may be stumbling across the thread for the first time and are only expecting recommendations. If appropriate change the thread title to reflect this. If you do not know how to do this yourself, please PM myself or leahbelle and we will be happy to do it for you.

FILMS: The first post should again describe the genre and whether you found it enjoyable. You might want to say who the actors/actresses in it are. Otherwise the rules are the same as for books.

TV: It's reasonable to assume that TV shows can be discussed AFTER the episode has been shown on terrestrial UK TV. Sorry to board members from other countries but we couldn't think of a fairer way to do it. If you know you've missed the episode and are planning to watch it later then please be aware there may, and probably will, be spoilers in the thread.

DISCUSSIONS: If you are intending to start a discussion please state this clearly as it can really encourage people to get involved. If your post turns into a discussion a Mod may change the title to reflect this - please don't be alarmed!

If you have any problems, feel free to contact a Mod.

Top | End

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2008, 15:15 
Starting in the Sixth
Starting in the Sixth

Not wishing to nag but PLEASE remember your subject lines!

Posts should clearly state whether they are recommending books, films, TV programs, music or something else.

Top | End

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. Recommendations
It is currently 24 Apr 2017, 18:12