Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 15:05

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Public Service Announcements Part Four
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 13:13 
Dashing off for your part in the play
Dashing off for your part in the play

Joanne wrote:
Jools wrote:
Joanne wrote:
When you are very excited at having won tickets to the Russian Ballet, don't sit around on the evening in question having completely forgotten it is on! (Thank goodness my sister sent me a text to say she was on her way to the theatre).

Oh no - that happened to us once, only it was tickets to a Oliver Costello concert and we only realised when SLOC happened upon the tickets two days later. :P

That must have been dreadful, Jools! Especially if you had bought the tickets.

We had bought the tickets and had been looking forward to seeing him. Still SLOC now puts event into the diary :lol:

Top | End

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 20:13 
Attending the Fifth Form Evening

You're all getting me worried as my memory is definitely iffier than ever these days. I have a ticket to hear the lovely Joseph Calleja in "Tosca" at Munich in November - I even adjusted my autumn trip to fit in with it. Now I'll be having nightmares that I forget all about it!

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2017, 08:54 
Being rude to your sheepdog

My memory is terrible (probably as a side-effect of PTSD coupled with poor sleep due to pain), but I use my mobile phone calendar app to provide me with reminders of appointments etc. I use the basic Google Calendar, which allows multiple notifications e.g. for a morning dental appointment I will probably have a notification the previous evening (just as a reminder) and a second on the day of the appointment, about an hour before I need to get ready. I can add events via my laptop, but the all notifications come from my mobile.

My PSA: after loading up the dishwasher, it works much better if it's turned on!

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2017, 10:12 

bythebrook wrote:
My PSA: after loading up the dishwasher, it works much better if it's turned on!

It works even better again if you put dishwasher powder in rather than washing powder. With the latter, I can say from experience that you end up with something out of a slapstick comedy with foam oozing out everywhere.

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2017, 11:29 
Remove to Inter V
Remove to Inter V

Annied wrote:
bythebrook wrote:

It works even better again if you put dishwasher powder in rather than washing powder. With the latter, I can say from experience that you end up with something out of a slapstick comedy with foam oozing out everywhere.

:D :D :D

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2017, 12:11 
Getting all your textbooks for lessons

Annied wrote:
bythebrook wrote:

Oh no! :lol:
Our last dishwasher disaster involved a very large slug in the drain hole. Kitchen floor got very well washed that day.

Top | End

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2017, 10:44 
Being rude to your sheepdog

Annied wrote:
bythebrook wrote:

I'm using dishwasher tablets, and the dishwasher is in the kitchen while the washing machine and washing powder are in the laundry. After reading the last few posts, I think I'll keep it that way ...

Top | End

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2017, 15:59 

When using the air pump at the local petrol station, it's a good idea to check that the heavens aren't about to open. I did the front two tyres of my car in the dry, by the time I'd finished the 2 rear wheels I resembled a drowned rat.

Top | End

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2017, 23:44 
Matey awakes!
Matey awakes!

AilidhNoor wrote:
Annied wrote:
bythebrook wrote:

Oh no! :lol:
Our last dishwasher disaster involved a very large slug in the drain hole. Kitchen floor got very well washed that day.

Reminds me of EBD's large pink worm that got in the engine and stopped the bus!

Top | End

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2017, 16:21 
Having Miss Ferrars as Form Mistress
Having Miss Ferrars as Form Mistress

Putting your angina spray through the washing machine is probably not to be recommended, especially when away from home. At least the Doctor's receptionist laughed. It had to be when I had a new one only a week or so ago. The last one lasted me three years so I obviously don't use them often LOL

Top | End

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2017, 18:25 

If you can't get the top off the tube of superglue it's not a good idea to cut it off. Especially if it's the instant drying variety. You will spend the next 2 hours attempting to scrape off the bits of paper towel that have stuck to your fingers (unsuccessfully) and the glue that somehow found its way onto the kitchen work top (successfully). You will also need to use a fair bit of ingenuity to get the scissors you used to open again.

Top | End

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2017, 00:30 
Matey awakes!
Matey awakes!

If you have in front of you an open milk bottle, and a hot water bottle, it's not a good idea to pick up the hot water bottle plug and try to fit it in onto the milk bottle!

Top | End

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2017, 20:57 
Rescued by doctors
Rescued by doctors

You can't scoop up liquids with a slotted spoon

Top | End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 15:05