Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 20 Jan 2018, 00:29

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: All-new happiness thread
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 13:11 
An extra hour in bed in the morning

tartan-belle wrote:
Brilliant news Cal, it's been a long time coming! :popper:

As I also work in a uni, I can attest that the Christmas Break will in fact been part of the delay. Particularly if it involved academic staff as many of them only came back this week (whereas us admin have been back since the 3rd).

I was told on the phone that the Head of Department (who was one of the interview panel) had only returned to work on Monday. I did get the impression, though. that the other two less-elevated souls had returned earlier. The others were the lady who would be my direct supervisor (admin job) and a guy from the HR Department in Chester.

The job is based at the Warrington campus, but they did say they would probably send me over to Chester at some point, as the department is split between the two sites. Hopefully, that will mean staying in Chester at least Monday to Friday, as it's too far to cummute each day (about 40 miles), especially as I don't drive.

Thanks for all the congratulations and good wishes.

Edited to correct punctuation.

Top | End

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 13:17 
Having Miss Ferrars as Form Mistress
Having Miss Ferrars as Form Mistress

Marvellous news Cal.

Top | End

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 21:49 
Rescued by doctors
Rescued by doctors

cal562301 wrote:
tartan-belle wrote:
Brilliant news Cal, it's been a long time coming! :popper:

As I also work in a uni, I can attest that the Christmas Break will in fact been part of the delay. Particularly if it involved academic staff as many of them only came back this week (whereas us admin have been back since the 3rd).

I was told on the phone that the Head of Department (who was one of the interview panel) had only returned to work on Monday. I did get the impression, though. that the other two less-elevated souls had returned earlier. The others were the lady who would be my direct supervisor (admin job) and a guy from the HR Department in Chester.

The job is based at the Warrington campus, but they did say they would probably send me over to Chester at some point, as the department is split between the two sites. Hopefully, that will mean staying in Chester at least Monday to Friday, as it's too far to cummute each day (about 40 miles), especially as I don't drive.

Thanks for all the congratulations and good wishes.

Edited to correct punctuation.

I'm assuming then that the Head would give the final say so. I remember my interview being my Head of Dept, Assistant Head of Dept and someone from the International Office - I never met my supervisor until I started although she did send me an email introducing herself about a week or so before my first day. My Head of Dept is my direct manager's boss, so she is my (& everyone else's in my office) ultimate boss hierarchy wise.

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2018, 22:11 
Dashing off for your part in the play
Dashing off for your part in the play

Fantastic news Cal!!

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2018, 22:36 
Getting all excited!!
Getting all excited!!

Congratulations Cal!

Top | End

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2018, 10:59 

A friend told me yesterday that she thinks there is a minibus which runs between the two campuses, which could be useful if I do have to spend time in Chester. It would make sense if staff and students need to spend time on both campuses.

I also discovered yesterday that a friend's granddaughter works at the college, though not, I think in my department.

Top | End

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 09:27 
Being a disappointment to Miss Annersley
Being a disappointment to Miss Annersley

Congratulations, Cal, wonderful news.

Top | End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 20 Jan 2018, 00:29