Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 26 Apr 2017, 03:13

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Re: Happy Eating Support Group #4
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017, 10:31 
Grumbling about Matey
Grumbling about Matey

brie wrote:
Well done Cal!

You'll need to tell us your secret :lol:

To be honest, it's been more a change of lifestyle than a diet regime. I recognised that I'd got lazy. I don't drive, and most of the places I go to regularly are within 30 minutes' walking distance, so I started walking everywhere, instead of catching the bus - although I do still catch the bus sometimes if the weather's bad (or sometimes just because I feel like it, especially if I've already walked to my destination and I'm on my way home or have loads of shopping).

With regard to eating, I just cut down generally on portion sizes and limited my 'treats'. I also live on my own, which makes it easier, because if I don't buy biscuits, etc, I can't eat them!

But the biggest factor has been my motivation. I realise that in the past I've tried to lose weight to please other people, but this time I'm doing it for me, and that makes a huge difference.

The health benefits have been a bonus, I feel great generally, my blood pressure is lower than it's been for over 20 years, my Vitamin D levels are back to normal and I'm no longer pre-diabetic.

Lots of my friends have noticed and I've received lots of compliments.

Top | End

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017, 10:39 
Rescuing a Junior from the lake
Rescuing a Junior from the lake

Well done, Cal! Walking was what worked best for me when I was very overweight and needed to lose some weight urgently. Unfortunately, I've now been walking as much as possible for 12 years, so I can't make that change any more and I can't find anything else that would have as much impact!

I'm quite embarrassed when I think of the way that I used to drive or get the bus to places within a very short distance - sometimes it took far longer waiting for a bus or trying to find somewhere to park than it would have done to walk. I just wish I could find another lifestyle change that would have as much effect :(.

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

http://setinthepast.wordpress.com/

Top | End

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017, 07:25 
Battling with Matey
Battling with Matey

My dance teacher has entered both my tap class and my ballet class into a competition in July - this should be enough incentive for me to lose some weight but unfortunately every time I resolve to eat more sensibly, I just eat more. So, what to do...

Top | End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 26 Apr 2017, 03:13