Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 10 Dec 2019, 02:40

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Happy Eating Support Group #4
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2014, 18:57 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

Oh that's great Jools! I hope it departs reasonably swiftly.....

Top | End

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2014, 20:42 
Rescuing a Junior from the lake

Well done Jools, that's brilliant :D . Please feel free to share the secrets of how you did it!

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

http://setinthepast.wordpress.com/

Top | End

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2014, 21:04 
Swept off by Matey to pack

Thank you :D . I use my fitness pal Alison which really works for me and although I've had weight gains in the last 18 months the overall trend had been downwards. I don't get too hung up on it and eat well. The great thing for me is that it is easy and you can add any exercise into it. It also 'tells you off' of you haven't eaten enough calories. The app is also free.

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2014, 19:39 
Presenting your school report
Presenting your school report

I've bitten the bullet and got a calorie counting app on my phone (My Fitness Pal). So far I've only had one day when I've actually achieved the amount of calories it suggests for me, but I plan to be a lot more diligent about it next week. Plus it gives you extra calories if you do exercise so it is motivating my to do exercise too (which is something I'm very bad at). Fingers crossed that I'll start losing weight instead of gaining it all the time...

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2014, 22:03 

Good luck Abi, that really worked for me. I love the fact that you can add exercise in ( and that it's really easy to tot up the calories you consume :roll: )

Top | End

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 10:46 
Rescued by doctors
Rescued by doctors

Little bit of support required - am doing a 5:2 reboot for a month to lose the awkward two pounds or so that has crept on since I stopped doing it in December. Hoping to lose four pounds - I know that's not drastic, but don't want the small gain to become entrenched.

Mondays and Wednesdays will be my fast days.

Any others out there?

Top | End

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 11:01 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

Yes I'm still out there JS, soldiering on. Haven't lost much over the summer but haven't gained either so that suits me fine. I don't take any care on the non-fast days so I have leeway there when I need it.

Wednesdays and Saturdays work out best for me, but I am very flexible. Did alternate days before and after my family visited so that I could eat as I pleased for the whole of their week's stay. Also worked fine.

Good luck, lots of support coming your way.....

Top | End

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 11:19 

I've given up with the 5:2 diet because it just didn't work for me and I was getting upset and frustrated, but if it worked for you before then hopefully it will again.

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

http://setinthepast.wordpress.com/

Top | End

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 12:04 
Rescued by doctors
Rescued by doctors

Thanks for the support, people.
To be honest, I'm feeling so stressed and sick at the moment (little matter of a referendum on Thursday) that I can barely think about eating anyway.

Top | End

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 13:10 
Having Miss Annersley for Civics

I'm still soldiering on with the 5:2, it has been slow but sure for me, though I've got to the last 6 lb to lose, which has been another plateau for a while - we've been away or had visitors quite a bit, which means I've only been able to do 6:1 some weeks, and no fast days at all on others, so it has crept up a lb or 2 which I've had to lose again. But that is so much better than 2 years ago when I was 2 stone heavier that I have not let it worry me if it is a bit 'bumpy' for the last few months. Would like to get below 11 stone for SLOC's 80th party in August next year, so have my sights set on that now.

Hope the referendum goes the way you want it to JS!

Top | End

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 13:17 
Giving a Junior an order mark
Giving a Junior an order mark

Lots of sympathy about Thursday, JS (also to tartan-belle and anyone else who's stressed over it, no matter which way you'd like it to go) - these things are seldom easy. At least it's a democratic process...

Top | End

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 14:29 
Rescued by doctors
Rescued by doctors

Thanks Noreen and Abbeybufo. It has been amazing to see the political engagement in Scotland (the vast majority of it positive, although some real nastiness too) but emotions are running high on all sides.

Still, just enjoyed my frugal lunch of seeded Ryvita, a Laughing Cow 'cheese' portion and some cherry tomatoes. I have some blueberries waiting for a mid-afternoon snack.

Good luck with the last six pounds, Abbeybufo; two stones is a brilliant achievement.

Top | End

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 14:45 

I'm just about to have a peppermint tea, having had a veg oxo [7 whole calories!] for lunch, black coffee for breakfast and mid-morning.
Looking forward to the tartiflette I shall prepare shortly to have for tonight's meal at 6-ish

I'm very pleased with losing the 2 stones, JS - and I wouldn't have been happy in the skirt or the frock I wore at the Topsy Turvy weekend if I hadn't managed to get rid of them.

Top | End

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 15:50 
Rescued by doctors
Rescued by doctors

Yes, Abbeybufo - we were both looking dashed fine at that event :)

Top | End

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 16:27 
Climbing with your knees bent
Climbing with your knees bent

I was actually musing this morning about coming on here. This Summer has been so insanely busy that I haven't been able to keep up with 5:2 or with my thrice-weekly swimming. I really want to get back into it as I am definitely healthier when I'm exercising regularly. I have never lost as much weight as I had hoped to with 5:2, but since starting it I have lost girth if not avoirdupois, and I've been a lot healthier - fewer colds and random bugs.

I did find out that I am fitter than I ever have been, and probably fitter than a lot of other people. Many of you know that my husband is a walker and trail runner to a rather insane degree. He's just back from a two-week walking holiday where he carried everything and set up a new camp every night. (He did have a few nights in bothies, and he stashed food and a replacement book in a couple of places. I don't think that makes the whole thing much less insane.) When we were on Arran at the end of June, we did a ten-hour walk one day that included a lot more scrambling than we had expected: I would not have been able to do a walk like that even a year ago, let alone before that. I couldn't do trail running like SLOC does, and I wouldn't walk eight hours plus every day for twelve days. But he couldn't swim as much as I do, and during several walks on Arran and Islay, he asked me to slow down - especially uphill.

I didn't know that it was possible to be fit whilst still being overweight, but on the whole, I think it's probably better to be fit. You never know, now that I am fit the weight might come off - but getting back into regular exercise and fast days is definitely the right way to start.

Hope your days are progressing well, JS and Abbeybufo. I shall be fasting tomorrow.

[I am heartily fed up of all the pressure from both sides about Thursday. The only thing that is absolutely certain is that there will be a great deal of uncertainty, whichever way it goes.]

My website - Joyful Jewellery

Joyful Jewellery on Facebook

[url=http://joyful-jewellery.myshopify.com/blogs/news/79806723-christmas-2015New blog post 28th November[/url]

Top | End

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2014, 09:59 
Rescued by doctors
Rescued by doctors

Day one successfully negotiated, and I've just had a delicious post-fast day breakfast of muesli, banana and Greek yoghurt.

Seven to go...

Good luck to anyone who is fasting today.

Top | End

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2014, 19:34 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

For anyone who likes celeriac, or misses their baked potato with lashings of butter, I found a delicious fast day meal today. Mine came in at 263 calories but it will depend on the size of the celeriac (one of my favourite vegetables, hugely versatile). It's here.

Top | End

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2014, 22:14 
Released!
Released!

Ooh, SLOC grows it on his allotment, so that has given me a new idea for how to deal with it. Thanks, cestina. :D

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2014, 16:02 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

It was one of the tastiest and most satisfying fast day meals I have had. Not that you need to fast Mary :-) .

Have you tried it au gratin?

Top | End

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2014, 10:53 
Rescued by doctors
Rescued by doctors

Just an update on my 5:2 reboot. I had planned to do it for a month and my aim was to lose four pounds (to take me back to target and a couple of pounds more for 'insurance')

The first week went well, and by the second I had lost the necessary 1.75lbs to take me back to my original target. I seem to be stuck there, however, and nothing has shifted in the subsequent fortnight. On the plus side, however, I feel much better and a couple of waistbands that were tight-ish are now much comfier.

Also, I checked the pattern of last time and it was pretty much the same: loss for first two weeks, plateau, slight gain (!) then a plummet at week five! So now I've decided to do it for another two weeks and am hoping for a similar week five plummet.

So, here I am fasting on day one of four: there's a big container of virtually fat-free carrot and tomato soup in the fridge which should do me several days, and I'm planning to try out my friend's idea of cauliflower mashed with a 'Laughing Cow' cheese portion tonight (along with some chickpea and veg stew).

Anyone else fasting today?

Top | End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 10 Dec 2019, 02:40