Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 27 Apr 2017, 02:21

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dog's Dinner - Do animals know what's going on?
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2016, 13:44 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

cal562301 wrote:
Since my grass had a much-needed cut last week, there is nowhere for them to hide from each other! :lol:
Yes, Tilly's half-brother likes to come round from next door and loll in the shade on the lawn - his humans have just more or less eviscerated their garden to turn it into a football pitch for their sons and wonder why they never see their cat!

Top | End

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2016, 19:17 
Castor Oil!
Castor Oil!

I'm beginning to suspect that my cat, Arthur, might have been a dog in a former life. He follows my son to the bathroom and sits outside mewing at the door till he comes out, he's been for walkies with said son and today I threw a frisbee in the garden and Arthur started chasing after it. He has yet to pick it up and bring it back to me but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Top | End

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2016, 09:22 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

Ah, a cog. :D I've never lived with one myself - though we did have a cat, Pickle, who liked bones and would growl if you tried to take them away from her.

Quick update on the kittens - they got busted for drugs use last Thursday. SLOC keeps his many medications in a couple of small boxes on the top of his bedside cupboard, and I found Wizard chewing one of the blister packs. It had contained two tablets of which we could find traces of only one and a half, so off to the vets for a quick checkup and a dose of charcoal (I took both because they still play together a lot and we didn't know Primrose hadn't helped. It looks as if she thinks of things and he does them, with frills on - sound familiar? Anyway, they seem to be OK, and at least it was thyroxine not aspirin.

We've never had any trouble with this before, but of course all medicines are now kept shut away. I add this because a conversation with the other people in the waiting area at the vets revealed that they didn't put medicines away either - and that included the veterinary nurse.

Top | End

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 14:48 
Attending the Fifth Form Evening

RubyGates wrote:
I'm beginning to suspect that my cat, Arthur, might have been a dog in a former life. He follows my son to the bathroom and sits outside mewing at the door till he comes out, he's been for walkies with said son and today I threw a frisbee in the garden and Arthur started chasing after it. He has yet to pick it up and bring it back to me but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Does he have any Siamese blood in him that you know of? Having lived most of my life with Siamese, that all sounds very familiar! My beautiful half Siamese from long ago, who I still miss, used to sit by the door waiting for his walk.

Living on my own, I rarely close the bathroom door and often had "company". When I had visitors and did close the door, I'd have to explain to my bewildered guests why they could hear a howling Siamese outside it for the duration.

Top | End

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 17:50 
Sheepdogging a new girl
Sheepdogging a new girl

Annied wrote:
RubyGates wrote:

Does he have any Siamese blood in him that you know of? Having lived most of my life with Siamese, that all sounds very familiar! My beautiful half Siamese from long ago, who I still miss, used to sit by the door waiting for his walk.

Living on my own, I rarely close the bathroom door and often had "company". When I had visitors and did close the door, I'd have to explain to my bewildered guests why they could hear a howling Siamese outside it for the duration.

My part-Siamese cat is just the same, even though I don't live with her any longer! She follows me around like a dog, chatters to me like I talk to her and will suddenly decide that she's bored and, instead of coming to find someone to play with, sits where she is and yowls until someone comes to find her.

I do adore her.

Outskirts Of The Twenties: Polari

Non-CS fic: Late Back (Good Omens)

Top | End

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016, 22:40 
Playing Impertinent Questions

This is a very random post but I don't know if I have ever posted about my cocker spaniel dog, Cassie. She is chocolate brown and as she is from hunting stock, is quite small. She is aged 11 now but still very energetic on her walks and I absolutely adore her! She is one of the great loves of my life and I think knows me as well as any human being does.

She is truly extremely intelligent (not just a biased human talking) and one of her "things" is that she likes to have an audience when she eats. If I leave the kitchen in the middle of her eating her dinner, she will leave too!

This was unlike our previous, just as much loved cocker, who would have kept on eating through a tsunami. This dog once stole a pound of raw fish and 10 Scotch pancakes - with no ill effects!

Top | End

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016, 23:44 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

Cassie sounds lovely, Audrey - I've only ever lived with one animal who needed company while she ate, our late Sally cat. She was also a shoe and foot fetishist!

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 07:47 
Swept off by Matey to pack

Another Cocker-Ownee here, too - though Paddy is tall rather than small !

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 20:57 

Quote:
This was unlike our previous, just as much loved cocker, who would have kept on eating through a tsunami. This dog once stole a pound of raw fish and 10 Scotch pancakes - with no ill effects!

Our springer spaniel was a rescue dog, and Battersea Dogs Home estimated that she had been living on the streets for at least three months before they found her. Shortly after we got her, we left her shut in the kitchen (she was not yet house trained) while we went out for a few hours. When we got back, we found she had eaten the remains of a chocolate cake, half a loaf of bread, a tub of margarine, and a vase of daffodils... and vomited all over the floor.

When she got used to regular meals, she did become more restrained, and avoided eating flowers.

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 21:01 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

Well, they do say 'dogs are dustbins' when it comes to food!

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 21:12 
End of term hi-jinks
End of term hi-jinks

I have to share a genuine excuse from a year 10 boy today - "I did do my homework, but the cat pee'd on it!" Then he showed me the proof (thankfully in a photo!) At least he didn't say "the dog ate it"!!

Top | End

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016, 07:02 

Ah, thank you all who responded to my post. Kind! Loved hearing about your pets!

Top | End

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 09:29 

Miriam wrote:
Quote:

Our springer spaniel was a rescue dog, and Battersea Dogs Home estimated that she had been living on the streets for at least three months before they found her. Shortly after we got her, we left her shut in the kitchen (she was not yet house trained) while we went out for a few hours. When we got back, we found she had eaten the remains of a chocolate cake, half a loaf of bread, a tub of margarine, and a vase of daffodils... and vomited all over the floor.

When she got used to regular meals, she did become more restrained, and avoided eating flowers.

The nightmare doggy-logic of the daffodils has made me laugh, sorry ! :D

Paddy would, given the chance, eat anything remotely edible, but he's clever enough only to steal when he knows I'm not in the house (he'll steal when SLOC is in the house on the grounds that SLOC's not very aware of stealing-noises when he's concentrating on something.) We lost the vegetarian half of last Christmas's dinner that way...I'd popped downstairs to let the in-laws in (that'll teach me) and P popped up on the work surface to enjoy a raw quiche....

Top | End

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 17:59 
Sheepdogging a new girl
Sheepdogging a new girl

Lisa wrote:
I have to share a genuine excuse from a year 10 boy today - "I did do my homework, but the cat pee'd on it!" Then he showed me the proof (thankfully in a photo!) At least he didn't say "the dog ate it"!!

Second image down on this page.

(Finn - a historical parallel for everything :D )

Outskirts Of The Twenties: Polari

Non-CS fic: Late Back (Good Omens)

Top | End

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 18:20 
Lamenting the amount of work
Lamenting the amount of work

My little ex-cat was a bit like that... she would eat pretty much anything... half a tub of butter... curry... chilli... anything except for dry cat food, really.

Top | End

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2016, 16:11 
Having a say in the Sale theme
Having a say in the Sale theme

Our Felicity, we got her from Wood Green, had been a stray.

So her appetite was enormous. It's here, I'm going to eat as much as I can, because there might not be any for the next few days.

She scratched open a large bag of cat munchies and ate half of it. She was bloated with all of it, and burped regularly and frequently until her poor overloaded innards had got rid of them. Of course, she had to manage on just water for three days, and the way she used to hang over Timmy just in case he left a scrap of food was comical.

But she settled down and became a much-loved part of the family.
It was hard with her, because she treated us with great suspicion at first, but she got over it.

Top | End

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2017, 08:35 

Paddy is 7 today :cake_candle:

Top | End

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2017, 10:39 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

Oh, Many Happies, Paddy, and have a great year!

Top | End

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2017, 11:33 

It's starting well for him - presents and tuna-with-rice for breakfast :smug: :smug:

Top | End

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2017, 13:33 
Getting into trouble with Mlle Berne
Getting into trouble with Mlle Berne

Spring has Sprung!

Wilf the Tortoise has woken up today!

Top | End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 27 Apr 2017, 02:21