Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 27 Jul 2017, 21:46

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Positive Thoughts 9
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 11:48 
Buying your school uniform

Hello all. The Mods have been discussing some posts on the Positive Thoughts thread. Nobody has done anything wrong, but recently a number of posts have been made that could identify people based on their specific circumstances. We were particularly concerned that unscrupulous Cosimo-types could see these posts via Google (The CBB is indexed) and track people/their families down when they are vulnerable.

We don't want to close down the positive thoughts thread at all, but have decided to ask that from now on, third-party people are only identified by their initial to ensure their privacy.

So rather than 'My friend Peggy, who lives in Channing St Mary, needs positive thoughts for her mother Mollie who is having an operation. Her Aunt Madge, who runs the Chalet School is flying back' we would ask that people post 'My friend P's mother M is having an operation. Her Aunt M is flying back.'

I hope this is a clear enough example of what we mean and still provides the information required for people to provide thoughts.

To this end, I am locking Positive Thoughts 8 and it will be deleted in a week or so in the usual cycle of pruning old threads. If you have any questions/concerns please PM CBB Admin.

Mia

Top | End

Post subject: Positive Thoughts 9
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2015, 01:26 
Attending a prees' meeting

New thread needed, remembering to keep identification of individuals to a minimum...

Thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers for cancer patient C, the granddaughter of my recently widowed friend M (they were both extremely appreciative). C has been having a break at home for a short time, but is about to go back into hospital to resume a series of chemo treatments (she has anaplastic large cell non Hodgkin's lymphoma), so any further thoughts/ prayers would be great. Thank you.

Top | End

Post subject: Re: Positive Thoughts 9
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2015, 10:20 
Swept off by Matey to pack
Swept off by Matey to pack

Mia already started a new thread, hadn't she? Will ask a mod in here to merge the two.

With Mod hat on

Last edited by JB on 26 Jul 2015, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

Top | End

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2015, 10:44 

Oh, sorry - didn't see that. so thanks JB. My own feeling is that a new thread is being super cautious anyway, but there...

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2015, 16:40 
Getting into trouble with Mlle Berne

Positive thoughts please for my daughter, K. After 5 years of various neurology and cardiology tests and consultations, she was told last September that, whatever her 'funny turns' were they weren't epilepsy. But then she had a full-scale seizure in May so they are rapidly backtracking on that diagnosis. She has to stay awake today for 24 hours so that they can do sleep-deprivation tests in hospital tomorrow. She has already had to surrender her driving licence to the DVLA. She is about to go into the final year of a teaching degree in September and this is going to make organisation of teaching placements difficult, not to mention the commute to University. She is trying to be very positive in that it looks as if she'll finally get a proper diagnosis and treatment after all the years of being messed around (the first neurologist said she was simply prone to day-dreaming and attention-seeking!) but is dreading tomorrow in case she has another seizure.

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2015, 17:14 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

Of course positive thoughts for K, chattie. That sounds like a scary situation, but I do hope they are able to diagnose her properly and treat her.

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2015, 19:56 

Yes, of course, chattie, and paws crossed for a proper diagnosis and treatment for K, too.

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2015, 20:51 
Lost!
Lost!

Thinking about you Chattie and positive thoughts for your daughter. My aunt who will be 87 in January is epileptic and her niece, my cousin, was diagnosed about 30 years ago. Cousin's driving licence was taken away but she got it back when her condition stabilised and she went on to give birth to three healthy sons and leads a very full life.

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2015, 21:45 
Still bored
Still bored

Thinking of your daughter, Chattie.

Top | End

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 00:21 
Being a disappointment to Miss Annersley
Being a disappointment to Miss Annersley

Thinking of K, Chattie. You might want to remind her she'll have to tell the university, as she's doing a teaching course, but the disability students team might find a way to help with transport.

"Nothing happens unless first a dream." Carl Sandburg

We must not project modern ideas onto our ancestors, nor make them fight our battles

Top | End

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 09:56 
Scolding a Middle for slang

Thinking of K. I hope she can finally get a diagnosis after so long.

Top | End

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 15:04 
Rescuing a Junior from the lake
Rescuing a Junior from the lake

Fingers crossed that she can get a definite diagnosis and then the best treatment.

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

http://setinthepast.wordpress.com/

Top | End

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 20:25 

Thanks all. K got through the tests today without having a seizure and is now very soundly asleep! She has already informed the University as she has already had to fill in forms this month for next years' placements so needed to tell them that she'd need to rely on public transport this time round.

Top | End

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2015, 09:36 

Glad to hear K's procedure went well.

D had his first session of radiotherapy yesterday, which seems to have gone as well as expected. He was warned that there might be some side effects. Last night he had a mild seizure, of the type he's been having.

Continuing prayers/positive thoughts would be appreciated. Today is his 79th Birthday and there's an Open House planned for him tomorrow, so we're hoping he'll be up to it.

Also, prayers/positive thoughts would be appreciated for a friend's 25-year-old son, R, who has had several seizures, which seem to be increasing in frequency and intensity.

He's waiting for an outpatient's appointment. He also can't drive at the moment, which is understandable, but he's trying to keep working and has a 2 hour journey to and from work, as his place of employment is not close to public transport links.

ETA His parents help out with transport when they can, but his dad is away at the moment and his mum recently had an operation, so she's not very mobile.

Top | End

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2015, 17:29 

Happy to provide reciprocal thoughts, Cal, especially for R - having got used to not having to provide parental transport over the past couple of years, it's decidedly odd now to be having to provide it again for K - not that I begrudge doing so, I hasten to add!

Top | End

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2015, 21:52 
Lost!
Lost!

Cal, thinking of D and R.

Top | End

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015, 08:29 

Prayers and positive thoughts for D and R, cal, of course. My friend M's granddaughter, C, has hit a snag in her treatment - some ulcers have developed on her oesophagus, and chemo has had to be suspended until they're healed, so some healing vibes and prayers would be very much appreciated, especially as she also has a sibling, R, who is recovering from surgery. Thank you.

Top | End

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2015, 17:28 
Chosen for the Lacrosse team
Chosen for the Lacrosse team

Of course Noreen, positive thoughts wringing their way to C and R..

Positive thoughts also for D and R cal and to K chattie.

Top | End

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2015, 01:43 
Lost!
Lost!

Noreen, positive thoughts from me.

Top | End

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2015, 07:40 

Thank you so much, Jools and Audrey, and any one else who has sent thoughts and/ or prayers, especially as the latest is that C is due to resume her chemo treatment today, so that's some good news.

Top | End

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 27 Jul 2017, 21:46