Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 19 Sep 2021, 08:22

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
 Post subject: Re: All-new happiness thread
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2021, 16:24 
Rescuing a Junior from the lake

It seems to be an absolute performance going anywhere at the moment. I gather that the Spanish "locator form" is a nightmare, and my friend's elderly mother-in-law had to answer an inquisition on a website before being allowed to leave Israel to come to the UK (and did it wrongly and had to start again). And goodness knows when anyone will ever get to see friends and relatives in Australia and New Zealand again :cry: . Glad you made it here safely!

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

http://setinthepast.wordpress.com/

Top | End

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2021, 17:02 
...and Results
...and Results

Quote:
"Ah" he said, as he rounded off the conversation "then I guess you won't say yes to this last question - would you like me to repeat anything?"

:D :D :D

Well done for negotiating all the borders and paperwork, especially as the rules seem to change so often. I've given up following what is needed. Will worry about it when (if) I need to know.

I'm happy as our Bookworms group met in person for the first time since last summer. We had a mixed session. Five of us at mine and another four, UK-based, joined us via Zoom. After the Zoom session the rest of us then chatted for another two hours, including further discussion on our chosen book. One of those present is going back to England for a visit soon so your information will be useful, cestina.

Top | End

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2021, 23:14 
Declaring it to have been the best term

Noreen wrote:
Oh, that is very happy news, Audrey - thanks for the update. And yes, I just bet she's keeping you on your toes. What have you called her?

Just seen the above! Her name is Mirry. I actually saw it in one of the EJO books as a short for Miriam.

EBD should not feel left out though. Daughter has Eleanor (different spelling) as one of her middle names partly after EBD.

Mirry is coming up for 4.5 months old now. She has led us a merry dance but is a little saner now.

Top | End

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2021, 07:51 
Lamenting over the Middles' behaviour
Lamenting over the Middles' behaviour

Thank you for the update, Audrey, and have a long and happy life, Mirry!

I have a set of young relatives who got a new young rescue dog at about the same time as Mirry arrived at yours. Mabel is thought to be a cockerpoo, and was loving but had had no training to speak of, so might as well have been a puppy - wouldn't even walk on a lead. Things are a little different now, happily...

Top | End

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2021, 07:57 

I think Nancy Wilmot calls Miriam Ashley "Mirry" at the end of Feud, so you've got an EBD link there too :lol: .

Top | End

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2021, 14:35 

Noreen wrote:
Thank you for the update, Audrey, and have a long and happy life, Mirry!

I have a set of young relatives who got a new young rescue dog at about the same time as Mirry arrived at yours. Mabel is thought to be a cockerpoo, and was loving but had had no training to speak of, so might as well have been a puppy - wouldn't even walk on a lead. Things are a little different now, happily...

Thank you Noreen! Glad too your relatives rescue dog is doing well. Originally after my dear Cassie died nearly two years ago we were going to try for a rescue dog as we thought we were too old for a puppy, especially a cocker puppy!

We tried for about four dogs from the SSPCA last year but were unsuccessful. Dogs were like gold dust! Decided to go for the puppy then although that took a time as they were all over 200 miles away during the beginning of year lockdown. We were lucky - I think! - to get Mirry from about 14 miles away.

Top | End

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2021, 14:39 

Alison H wrote:
I think Nancy Wilmot calls Miriam Ashley "Mirry" at the end of Feud, so you've got an EBD link there too :lol: .

Thank you for letting me know that, Alison. I am not very familiar with Feud as it features Jack Lambert quite heavily and these I try to avoid!

Lots of people have commented on the unusual name so another thing to thank the books for!

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2021, 16:22 
Being a disappointment to Miss Annersley
Being a disappointment to Miss Annersley

Glad you got back safe and sound Cestina. I had a taste of locator forms when I was at the flat last summer. It wanted to know about every trip out of Germany. The village is right on the Austrian border and I'd probably crossed between the two countries 5 or 6 times in the space of the 2 weeks I was there. By the time I'd reached the end of the form, I was half expecting it to ask me for my shoe size and IQ.

My nice surprise today was browsing in a local charity shop and coming across a pristine copy of "The Bettany Twins and the Chalet School" for £1. I've never read any fill-ins before, so I'm quite curious about it.

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2021, 21:56 
Having Miss Annersley for Civics
Having Miss Annersley for Civics

I was completely thrown by one question on the Locator form - having filled in that I was coming from the Czech Republic it then blithely enquired whether I had visited any of the islands belonging to this country.

Since the CR is land-locked slap in the centre of Europe I balked at this until I realised it was going on to ask the same of every country I filled in.....

Top | End

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2021, 11:16 
Stumped by Lower Four's quiz
Stumped by Lower Four's quiz

Must have a lake or two surely?

Seriously, I can see why you were thrown by that question. I am putting off foreign travel at the moment, too complicated to bother with.

Top | End

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2021, 12:50 
Having a say in the Sale theme
Having a say in the Sale theme

I'm travelling locally only nowadays. I'm not going further than Cambridge, feeling that I really don't want to become a medical statistic, and I'm generally quite happy all by myself, with no-one to raise their eyebrows when I buy myself a new pair of shoes.

Top | End

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2021, 19:34 

The forms are standard. The computer doesn't know whether or not every country does or doesn't have islands.

Having given up hope of going abroad this year, I've booked a short coach trip to Scotland, and the travel company sent me - I was supposed to be going on their trip to Japan :roll: - a standard form which helpfully informed me that I should make sure if I needed any visas for my destination and that it might be useful to learn a few words of the local language :D . All forms seem to come as standard these days!

Top | End

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2021, 22:13 
...and Results
...and Results

You may find some of shesings Scottish over on LGM useful, so I think you will be OK with a few phrases of the local language. :D :D Hope you have a lovely time when you get there, Alison.

I'm off to France for a week in September. No locator forms needed for me, thank goodness.

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2021, 22:43 

Alison H wrote:
The forms are standard. The computer doesn't know whether or not every country does or doesn't have islands.

Having given up hope of going abroad this year, I've booked a short coach trip to Scotland, and the travel company sent me - I was supposed to be going on their trip to Japan :roll: - a standard form which helpfully informed me that I should make sure if I needed any visas for my destination and that it might be useful to learn a few words of the local language :D . All forms seem to come as standard these days!

Alison, hope you enjoy Scotland. I live in Inverness but love Edinburgh. Husband and I were in Skye for a few days in May which we loved. We came back via Applecross and scenery fantastic. I should be interested to know where you go.

Top | End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 19 Sep 2021, 08:22