Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 15:29

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: All-new happiness thread
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2017, 14:09 
Climbing with your knees bent

Dubrovnik is clearly popular already - it's heaving. Though apparently the knock on from the Turkey situation is more cruise ships visiting this area and the towns get quieter in the evenings when they've gone.

Top | End

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2017, 13:14 
Being taken down a peg or two
Being taken down a peg or two

I know this is ridiculous, but I've just taken a phone call at work from a GP called Dr Entwistle, which made me chuckle!

Top | End

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2017, 14:01 
Arguing from cause to effect

Catriona wrote:
I know this is ridiculous, but I've just taken a phone call at work from a GP called Dr Entwistle, which made me chuckle!

Did you ask if he has a wife and what her name is? :lol:

Top | End

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2017, 14:05 
Presenting your school report
Presenting your school report

Am sitting happily in quiet premium lounge on the ferry,just two weeks later than planned. Premium lounge is worth every penny of the £12 it costs,especially when the boat is overflowing like today.

And a free glass of prosecco to boot though I have taken mine cut with orange juice in view of the drive ahead.

My pretty new car seems none the worse for its recent adventures in the body shop.

Top | End

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2017, 09:24 
Having Miss Ferrars as Form Mistress
Having Miss Ferrars as Form Mistress

Yesterday, I met a group of friends for afternoon tea at the Cafe Royal. It was superb, delicious little sandwiches then the most gorgeous little cakes. We started with a glass of champagne. The waiters were very charming and attentive. The room is all mirrors and gold leaf. It was expensive but worth it.

Top | End

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2017, 09:36 

Which way were you travelling, Cestina? Hope you've arrived safely.

The Cafe Royal sounds wonderful, Jenefer.

Today the sun is shining and I'm off to brunch with my drama society friends.

Top | End

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2017, 22:14 
Remove to Inter V
Remove to Inter V

What a beautiful sunny weekend it has been :)

Top | End

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2017, 12:33 
Castor Oil!
Castor Oil!

Nice things DO happen; the doctor just brought me down a coffee and a slice of pizza!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Top | End

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2017, 12:50 
Taking the train home
Taking the train home

Aw nice, I'm glad to hear it!

Top | End

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 12:51 
End of term hi-jinks
End of term hi-jinks

At the age of 16 on my French exchange, I first heard of Johnny Hallyday. Last night, I saw him in concert together with two other French teen idols - Eddy Mitchell and Jacques Dutronc. They were amazing - nothing to prove and just having a thoroughly good time on stage - and had superb backing musicians. Well worth the nearly fifty years of waiting!!

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2017, 14:30 
Matey awakes!
Matey awakes!

I posted in another thread some weeks ago about my 50th anniversary school reunion, which is this coming weekend.

To cut a long story short, I'm going to Leeds on Friday to stay with an old school friend, with whom I've stayed before. On Saturday morning, we will go over to Halifax to another friend's house (same year, in fact same form as me!). She lives 15 mintues' walk from the school, so we'll walk from there, weather permitting. A real trip down memory lane.

There's an organised reunion, including buffet lunch, possibly followed by less formal 'gathers'.

I'm looking forward to it, even though my schooldays weren't all that happy. I've done well in my life (although I say it myself!) and I can hold my head high in any company.

The timing is a bonus for me for a less positive reason, because I heard yesterday that my sister, who still lives in Halifax had been in hospital. She's now at home, but I hope to catch up with her as well this weekend.`

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2017, 23:00 
Dashing off for your part in the play
Dashing off for your part in the play

Have a lovely weekend Cal!

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 21:17 

Sounds great Cal, enjoy yourself.

I am happy because I will find out what is actually wrong with my shoulder/neck within the next couple of weeks. I have my MRI scan next Monday and today I got a letter saying the follow up appointment will be a week later - I thought I'd probably have to wait a few weeks for it. The wait has been somewhat frustrating (I started having serious problems in February and my GP referred me at the start of May) so it'll be great to have a diagnosis, even if it isn't very pleasant.

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 21:21 
Admiring Tom's latest effort
Admiring Tom's latest effort

exile wrote:
Sounds great Cal, enjoy yourself.

I am happy because I will find out what is actually wrong with my shoulder/neck within the next couple of weeks. I have my MRI scan next Monday and today I got a letter saying the follow up appointment will be a week later - I thought I'd probably have to wait a few weeks for it. The wait has been somewhat frustrating (I started having serious problems in February and my GP referred me at the start of May) so it'll be great to have a diagnosis, even if it isn't very pleasant.

How long did you have to wait for your MRI scan, Exile? Out of interest, as I had mine this year, nearly a years wait :shock:

Top | End

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 13:58 

I got off lightly then, only waited 6 weeks. Joys of the 18 week target for them to start treating it.

Top | End

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 17:47 
...and being forgiven
...and being forgiven

I didn't have to wait long for an MRI scan on my back recently, but when I phoned the pain consultant's secretary to find out when I would get the results as I was wanting to get insurance for our holiday and they won't insure me without them, she told me it takes 6 weeks to get them to the consultant - and then I'll have to wait for her to decide when to send me an appt. :evil: As SLOC is also waiting for results, it could mean we lose our booked holiday in Nice, just as we did last year for the same reason. I can't believe yours will only take one week, Exile.

Top | End

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 19:03 

I was quite surprised, given how difficult it is to get a GP appointment around here and the waiting time for scans. But the place I chose via choose and book is evidently very quick when it comes to consultant appointments - I had my initial consultation a week after I got my referral letter. Circle Reading by the way, if anyone else is in the same position.

My travel insurance have excluded my shoulder. This was an instant decision made when I informed them, they didn't even ask me which shoulder was affected!

Top | End

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 19:54 
Lending an ear to a Middle's problems
Lending an ear to a Middle's problems

I'm very pleased today as I went out for a long bike ride with my trainer to Hoo village and back which is 14 miles and includes some serious hills. :D

Top | End

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017, 18:29 
Rescuing a Junior from the lake
Rescuing a Junior from the lake

What a lovely sunny day - after a horrible wet week!

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

http://setinthepast.wordpress.com/

Top | End

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2017, 14:22 
Matey awakes!
Matey awakes!

I had a wonderful time last weekend, with my friend Ruth and her husband Chris. Great to catch up with them.

The reunion was a good time too, although I admit that I had mixed emotions about returning to the school, as it was the first time I'd set foot in the building since the day I left at 18. (I went to our year's 25th reunion, but it was held elsewhere.)

I didn't feel out of place or excluded in any way and I felt that those with whom I exchanged reminiscences and tried to catch up on the last 50 years were just as interested in what I had to say as I was in what they had to say.

I was slightly disappointed that a few more people didn't turn up for the reunion - more came to the 25 year one. On the other hand, my worst tormentor from my schooldays didn't come. :D I only found out on Saturday that she was at the 25 year one, although I don't remember seeing her and I certainly didn't speak to her, because I would have remembered that. In some ways, I'm almost sorry she wasn't there, as I would have coped much better with her these days and held my own against her.

Of course, I ate far too much over the weekend - the school provided a wonderful buffet lunch! Back to the diet now.

Top | End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 15:29