Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 21 May 2018, 18:02

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: All-new happiness thread
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 13:11 
A trip to the dentist
A trip to the dentist

tartan-belle wrote:
Brilliant news Cal, it's been a long time coming! :popper:

As I also work in a uni, I can attest that the Christmas Break will in fact been part of the delay. Particularly if it involved academic staff as many of them only came back this week (whereas us admin have been back since the 3rd).

I was told on the phone that the Head of Department (who was one of the interview panel) had only returned to work on Monday. I did get the impression, though. that the other two less-elevated souls had returned earlier. The others were the lady who would be my direct supervisor (admin job) and a guy from the HR Department in Chester.

The job is based at the Warrington campus, but they did say they would probably send me over to Chester at some point, as the department is split between the two sites. Hopefully, that will mean staying in Chester at least Monday to Friday, as it's too far to cummute each day (about 40 miles), especially as I don't drive.

Thanks for all the congratulations and good wishes.

Edited to correct punctuation.

Top | End

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 13:17 
Learning to play Lacrosse
Learning to play Lacrosse

Marvellous news Cal.

Top | End

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 21:49 
Rescued by doctors
Rescued by doctors

cal562301 wrote:
tartan-belle wrote:
Brilliant news Cal, it's been a long time coming! :popper:

As I also work in a uni, I can attest that the Christmas Break will in fact been part of the delay. Particularly if it involved academic staff as many of them only came back this week (whereas us admin have been back since the 3rd).

I was told on the phone that the Head of Department (who was one of the interview panel) had only returned to work on Monday. I did get the impression, though. that the other two less-elevated souls had returned earlier. The others were the lady who would be my direct supervisor (admin job) and a guy from the HR Department in Chester.

The job is based at the Warrington campus, but they did say they would probably send me over to Chester at some point, as the department is split between the two sites. Hopefully, that will mean staying in Chester at least Monday to Friday, as it's too far to cummute each day (about 40 miles), especially as I don't drive.

Thanks for all the congratulations and good wishes.

Edited to correct punctuation.

I'm assuming then that the Head would give the final say so. I remember my interview being my Head of Dept, Assistant Head of Dept and someone from the International Office - I never met my supervisor until I started although she did send me an email introducing herself about a week or so before my first day. My Head of Dept is my direct manager's boss, so she is my (& everyone else's in my office) ultimate boss hierarchy wise.

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2018, 22:11 
Winning the dolls' house
Winning the dolls' house

Fantastic news Cal!!

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2018, 22:36 
Winning the dolls' house
Winning the dolls' house

Congratulations Cal!

Top | End

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2018, 10:59 
A trip to the dentist
A trip to the dentist

A friend told me yesterday that she thinks there is a minibus which runs between the two campuses, which could be useful if I do have to spend time in Chester. It would make sense if staff and students need to spend time on both campuses.

I also discovered yesterday that a friend's granddaughter works at the college, though not, I think in my department.

Top | End

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 09:27 
Being a disappointment to Miss Annersley
Being a disappointment to Miss Annersley

Congratulations, Cal, wonderful news.

Top | End

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2018, 17:31 
Hemming sheets
Hemming sheets

Yesterday I talked SLOC into booking a week's holiday in the Tyrol in September! 4 nights in Seefeld including a day trip across the German border to Neuschwanstein Castle and Oberammergau and then 3 nights in Pertisau! I may have forgotten to mention the CS connections, but I know there's plenty else we'll both enjoy.

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2018, 08:16 
Promising to do better
Promising to do better

Oberammergau is fantastic - we go every year :D :D :D Enjoy it !

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2018, 13:27 
Discovering that JMB lives next door

I've been back and forth to hospitals and doctors the last couple of weeks, due to a chronic health condition that has been exacerbated by a new condition. Not a happy thing in itself but...

I have been treated on time and with the utmost respect by every staff member I have encountered. I have been zoomed to the top of every waiting list, squeezed into clinics at the last minute, found my files and notes up to date at every site and across all teams, and generally treated like the Queen of Sheba.

Given the parlous state of affairs at my local hospital, which has systematically had its assets stripped away and sent 2 hours south, I cannot say enough how positive the whole experience has been. NHS is truly a miracle.

And I have a clean bill of health and can carry on as normal, which is definitely a cause for happiness!

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2018, 14:56 
A trip to the dentist
A trip to the dentist

I went to see The Darkest Hour on Monday. Thoroughly recommended, if you haven't already seen it. Unusually for me, it held my interest all the way through and I couldn't believe it when I looked at my watch and realised that the film was 2 hours long.

Yesterday I went out to a birthday lunch with some friends.

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2018, 15:22 
Promising to do better
Promising to do better

I saw The Darkest Hour yesterday, really good film - could easily have been longer. Not sure how accurate it us though.

That's really good Ailidh, you hear so much negativity about the Nhs so its great to hear a positive story. Though I will say that the NHS staff I've come into contact with have generally been great, the problem is getting an appointment. I've been very lucky and had NBS funded treatment at a local private hospital and they have been brilliant throughout.

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2018, 15:28 
Rescuing a Junior from the lake
Rescuing a Junior from the lake

The basic storyline's pretty accurate, although certain scenes - there's one in particular, and it's fairly obvious which one it is when you see the film! - have been made up for dramatic effect. It's a wonderful film: I really enjoyed it.

Glad to hear that your treatment went so well, Ailidh.

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

http://setinthepast.wordpress.com/

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2018, 19:17 
Sale declared Open!
Sale declared Open!

Great news, Cal :)

Top | End

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2018, 11:13 
A trip to the dentist
A trip to the dentist

Alison H wrote:
The basic storyline's pretty accurate, although certain scenes - there's one in particular, and it's fairly obvious which one it is when you see the film! - have been made up for dramatic effect. It's a wonderful film: I really enjoyed it.

Glad to hear that your treatment went so well, Ailidh.

My friend and I had a discussion in the car about this on the way home and we thought that at least two of the scenes were probably invented or over-dramatized for effect.

Forgot to say that I'm really glad you had such a positive experience and outcome Ailidh.

Top | End

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2018, 23:18 
Spending time in the san
Spending time in the san

Great news, Ailidh!

Top | End

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2018, 01:29 
Winning the dolls' house
Winning the dolls' house

chattie wrote:
Yesterday I talked SLOC into booking a week's holiday in the Tyrol in September! 4 nights in Seefeld including a day trip across the German border to Neuschwanstein Castle and Oberammergau and then 3 nights in Pertisau! I may have forgotten to mention the CS connections, but I know there's plenty else we'll both enjoy.

You will love that holiday. When I was young I holidayed in Seefeld three times and really enjoyed it. I believe it is a lot bigger now though . I visited Oberammergau and Neuschwanstein back then and loved them.

I was in Mayhofren (sp?) for a week last August and we went back to the Castle (a lot busier now) and Oberammergau. People don't get into the actual theatre now but still great. Really loved Pertisau although I only had a short time. The trains are good if you like that. Really envy you. I am planning the play in 2020.

I really enjoyed the Darkest Hour. Hearing those speeches again... Not a fan of Gary Oldman in Harry Potter but thought he was marvellous in this.

Top | End

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2018, 12:34 
A trip to the dentist
A trip to the dentist

I had a phone call from the University of Chester this morning, formally offering me the job - written confirmation to follow. Probable start date: 12th February, which has a pleasing symmetry, because I started my very first job after Uni (in the former DHSS) on the same date back in 1979! What a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then. :lol:

ETA At this moment, my current status of 'An extra hour in bed in the morning' seems singularly inappropriate, but I don't really care! :lol:

Top | End

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2018, 13:19 

Congratulations on the new post!

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2018, 15:29 
Spending time in the san
Spending time in the san

Congratulations! I managed to see Abbey for a couple of hours the other day. Was lovely:)

Top | End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 21 May 2018, 18:02