Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 20 Nov 2019, 20:43

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 743 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
 Post subject: Re: All-new happiness thread
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2019, 15:11 
End of term hi-jinks
End of term hi-jinks

Congratulations on the weight gain Jennie. As someone who finds it easier to lose weight than gain it, I can sympathise.

I'm happy because I finally went out for the first time in a week today, apart from one dash to the supermarket to top up on provisions. I'm currently in Oberaudorf and it's done nothing but rain. Day after day, heavily and non stop. I've been going stir crazy!

Top | End

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2019, 01:51 
Sale declared Open!
Sale declared Open!

A friend told me they'd seen a CS book like the one I'd got really excited* about the last time they'd been out with me - a 1939 copy of "Camp".

I'm a bit of a completist so, I haven't got a 1939 "Camp" and I do like the "fat" copies, so I asked her buy it for me.

Then I checked the publication history - there isn't a 1939 edition...as I'd been told the book had gold print I wondered whether this was the 1932 (as the font for the print date is very curly and so indistinct).

Today, I have pictures of the actual book. It is indeed a first edition, alas lacking the frontispiece but, most importantly said friend has started reading the book - and finding it very enjoyable!

I've already introduced this person to Antonia Forest - now it looks as though she's found EBD! Hurrah!

*A red "fat" copy that the seller said was a reprint but which I knew was a 1st/1st...

Top | End

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2019, 10:04 
Giving a Junior an order mark
Giving a Junior an order mark

Hurrah for book-collecting triumphs! A couple of days ago I finally got my hands on a copy of Bunkle Gets Busy (it doesn't mean the same thing in the Bunkle-verse, of course!) - OK, a bit pricier than I'd like, but it's the only one in the series that I don't have, and it's also a first edition, because as far as I know, there was only the one, which is one reason why it's so hard to find.

Top | End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 743 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 20 Nov 2019, 20:43