View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 23 Apr 2017, 16:53

Post subject: Re: Yet more whinges!!
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017, 11:55 
Grumbling about Matey
Grumbling about Matey

cestina wrote:
I suspect you shouldn't have been able to do that even then Cal. I have spent the past 18 years in the Czech Republic, six months at a time. As a pensioner I can be out of the UK for six months, but no longer, without losing my right to NHS treatment.

Non-pensioners are only allowed 3 months. This is despite being UK tax resident, drawing a UK pension, and having my permanent abode in the UK. I have always been very careful to keep within those limits though until fairly recently I am not at all sure there was any way that they were checking, other than asking me every so often.

What always annoyed me was that they would not commit themselves on whether you counted within a tax year or a calendar year.

As far as I remember, these rules have been in existence since I started to live over there, so for at least 18 years, if not more.

You were probably quite lucky!

I have a vague memory of there having been some rule about residence for at least 6 months in your first 5 years prior to going overseas. But I might be totally wrong. I know some friends, whose children were not born in the UK, did not qualify, but I think the parents did.

However, I'm very grateful that I was granted this, for whatever reason. Even if it was only because my doctor knew I was working for a charity.

Top | End

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017, 19:52 
Lamenting the amount of work
Lamenting the amount of work

Fair warning: this is a real whingy-whinge. I am just so tired. On Tuesday I went to my sister's in York to help her finish off their packing; they moved on Wednesday. Had planned to have a couple of days of doing absolutely nothing after that because big fatigue issues blah blah. Anyway, but on Wednesday my mum came down with some fluey type thing and has been in bed ever since - she managed to come downstairs to eat her dinner today but was flattened afterwards. So I have been doing all the cooking and washing up etc, as well as getting stuff ready for my sister's friend who is coming tomorrow afternoon and staying a couple of nights... and the likelihood is I will have to continue the same way for at least a couple more days and I am just so so so so so tired. I hate this and I just want to be better. I want to be able to work and live independently.

Top | End

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017, 20:41 
Swept off by Matey to pack
Swept off by Matey to pack

Hugs, Abbey. That's tough.

Top | End

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017, 20:46 
Reserving an embroidered picture
Reserving an embroidered picture

Hugs from me too!

Top | End

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017, 21:35 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

Thinking of you Abbey - none of us can do it all, so please accept this bunch of e-flowers of your choice. xx

Top | End

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 23 Apr 2017, 16:53