Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 03:09

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: April whinges - please whinge away in here!
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2018, 16:52 
Rescued by doctors
Rescued by doctors

Quite possibly you should.

I went for my shoulder scan. The radiologist was not happy to see me, said that my GP should have sent me straight to the consultant, or at any rate for an X-ray rather than an ultrasound.So I fear that my GP is going to get a rather rude letter. On the bright side, at least the ultrasound confirmed that I don't have the problem I didn't think I've got

Top | End

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2018, 17:20 
Having Miss Annersley for Civics

I sometimes wonder if communication isn't the medical profession's biggest problem, exile! Good luck with getting the x-ray/ consultant appointment...

Cestina, it would certainly do no harm to look into it, would it? Especially the physiotherapy available afterwards - K always reckons this is one of the key things for a good result.

Top | End

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2018, 09:46 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

I will indeed look into it Noreen but I can't see how I could fix it without going privately..

This should really be in the good news thread but since I started here just to say that I'm going home at about 3 o'clock this afternoon once they've worked out the best antibiotics for what has been clearly a very strong infection that I was totally unaware of having.

Whatever they have had me on seems to be working anyway and to my amazement my knees are much better than they have been for months so I think the infection has been around for a while.

Having Googled joint pains and urine infections I see that it's just as well the whole thing flared up as it did because if ignored it could have turned very nasty.

And to accompany me on my hospital adventure I had the joy of a completely unread Georgette Heyer. Almost unbelievable for someone who has read every one of her books several times.

But up till now I have never been able to make it through more than about 3 pages of My Lord John. This time I persevered and once I got used to the slightly strange style of writing scattered with much mediaeval jargon I have very much enjoyed it

Top | End

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2018, 11:08 

Ah, the curative powers of literature! Glad to hear that the medical treatment has turned out so promisingly, even if the underlying situation is no light matter. As to the surgery, it still has to be a good thing to have extra options, I feel - but hopefully we'll get to talk about that later this year.

Meanwhile, happy disembarkation from the hospital this afternoon!

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2018, 18:44 
Rescuing a Junior from the lake

The ground round here is not used to having no rain, and, because the moors are made of peat, they burn quickly if there's a fire ... I've been able to smell the smoke from Saddleworth Moor since Monday and I'm 15 miles away on the other side of town, so it must be horrendous close by. And now there's a fire on the moors above Bolton: some friends who live in an upper floor flat a few miles away have just posted a picture, and that doesn't look good either. We don't usually go short of rain, but there's none coming just when we need it!

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

http://setinthepast.wordpress.com/

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2018, 21:15 
Hearing strange noises in the night
Hearing strange noises in the night

I was wondering whether any Manchester-area CBB-ers were being affected by the smoke from the Saddleworth Fire. I think the area is to the north of the city, going towards Oldham, isn't it? And Bolton is also to the north of the City? I can believe that the smell is pretty horrendous though, so I hope the area gets some much needed rain before long.

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2018, 21:45 

Saddleworth's east - the Saddleworth villages are north east of town, but the fire's on an area of the moor south of those, pretty much due east of the city centre - and Bolton's north west. And there's been an industrial fire in Rochdale, on top of everything else!

They've been saying that a lot of plantlife and insects and small animals will have gone :( . I know these things happen, but it's very sad.

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2018, 15:52 
Having a say in the Sale theme

Well, I think we should all remember how the heather and gorse used to be burned every spring, and then regenerated itself.

Nature has a way of springing back if we leave it alone to do so.

If people would leave the Great Barrier Reef alone, it might regenerate, but no, 'We want to see it before it dies' not realising that their presence in a fuel-driven boat is part of what is making it die.

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2018, 22:30 
Indulging in a midnight feast
Indulging in a midnight feast

Jennie wrote:
Well, I think we should all remember how the heather and gorse used to be burned every spring, and then regenerated itself.

Nature has a way of springing back if we leave it alone to do so.

Yeah, I was thinking about that aspect. Fire is definitely a renewal for moorlands, and something which is done deliberatly, in a controlled manner, to refresh and generate regrowth. But, not normally at this time of year when wildlife is nesting and there are young animals / insects / birds etc. Spring or late winter would be the normal safe time. So, not a complete disaster, but not that great either....

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2018, 23:03 
Swept off by Matey to pack

Anything that can adversely affect wildlife etc is not good.

I was on holiday in Canada recently and we were told on one tour that forest fires can be good because of new growth following on.

I am so relieved that today is colder. I like a nice, warm sunny day as much as the next person but I detest the hot, stifling weather we have been having.

Cestina - Hope you have some improvement in your health. Also you, Exile, and anyone else with problems.

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2018, 23:09 

Sorry for spreeing but just been looking back and seen more posts.

Grembles, thinking of you and how well you have done and hoping problems at work can be sorted out.

Also thinking of Abbey and Jennie.

Top | End

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2018, 11:47 
Declaring it to have been the best term

Why do people put their feet on seats on a train ; when there are signs saying not to do just that?!

Top | End

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2018, 13:22 

Because they think that they can get away with it.

Years ago, I had to go to London by train on a Sunday morning.

it was a very short train. I got into a carriage, only to discover that it was almost full. One long seat, meant to take four people was occupied by one man and the largest suitcase I have ever seen.

I looked at the other people, then heard a voice saying 'If that man would put his suitcase on the floor, then three people could sit down, especially the young lady who's carrying a small child.'

it was my voice. I went bright red with embarrassment, then other voices backed me. the man with the suitcase protested, but was made to put his suitcase on the floor.

I'm pleased to say that the young woman carrying a child was given the first seat. It turned out that she was pregnant again, so really needed the seat.
Then I was given a seat. In the end, everyone who needed a seat got one.

Later on, someone said how much they admired me for speaking out. More blushes from me.

But it can be done.

Top | End

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2018, 21:30 
End of term hi-jinks
End of term hi-jinks

Well done Jennie! That's a fine example of a role model :D

Top | End

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2018, 16:37 

People who ask stupid questions :evil: !

"Do you know where the [items of stationery] have gone? They're not in the usual cupboard."
Answer - "Why, do you need one?"

Why would I be looking for one otherwise?!

"[Name of client]'s on line 1."
Answer - "For me?"

Well, why would I be transferring the call to you if it was for someone else?!

/rant. Sorry!

Top | End

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2018, 20:04 

Nice one Jennie, wish I'd been there to see it.

Alison, apparently the smoke from the Manchester fire could be seen from a view point near where I live in Huddersfield. I smelt it going through the country side yesterday as caught the Greenfield train due to the Middlesbrough train from Manchester Airport being cancelled.

Top | End

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 18:12 
Castor Oil!
Castor Oil!

Good to see people haven't needed to moan much recently! I'm afraid my new job is pretty dire most days, which I'm resigned to. But I've had 2 unreasonable, and certainly unnecessary, comments about things I do for health reasons in the last 3 working days (i.e. closing a door because of noise issues) and also found out we close for the end-of-year holidays and I have to take leave. I can't go into deficit for my holiday early next year, so I have had to cancel the break I wanted to take in the autumn - which is counter-productive as we all need regular breaks! It also rankles a little because I can't go home at Christmas as someone has taken before and after, and I can't just afford to "go somewhere on holiday," a somewhat unhelpful suggestion I received. I'm still glad I took a punt on this job, but now just tired and I blame myself a bit. Rant over!

Top | End

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 19:01 

I hate it when they make you take your holidays at a time that's not of your choosing. I once started a new job, along with several other people, in November. We'd been there about five minutes before we were told that the office closed for five days over Christmas and, as we would only be entitled to two days' holiday by then, we'd all be having our December pay packets docked by three days' wages! It didn't exactly give us a great impression of our new employers :roll: . And my present employers make us take 3 days out of our annual leave at a very inconvenient time of year.

I'm so sorry you've had to cancel your break - it seems very mean that they won't at least just say you can take that and knock the days off your annual leave for next year. *Hugs*

Top | End

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 23:59 

That seems very unfair roversgirl, especially as you won't be able to go home. I'm also sorry you've had to cancel your planned break in the autumn. Hugs xx

Top | End

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 06:44 
Castor Oil!
Castor Oil!

Thanks, both! It's just exhausting more than anything. Like you can never get a win. Alison, I can't believe they cut your pay packet! I did realise that 3 days off in 8 months means I can't maintain this rhythm so, productively, started a job hunt last night...

Top | End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 03:09