Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics


Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 08 Apr 2020, 22:01



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Malory Towers on iplayer/CBBC
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2020, 20:42 
Offline
Having Miss Ferrars as Form Mistress
Having Miss Ferrars as Form Mistress
User avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2008, 18:21
Posts: 453
Location: East Sussex
I don't know if anyone else has heard of this or is watching it. I started watching it yesterday and I can only say it appears to be a new and original series that just happens to share the title and characters's names with Enid Blyton's books.
They have changed sooo much in it! I like it though. The only way I've been able to enjoy it is NOT to think of it as Malory Towers.
It's a nice bit of escapism from covid 19 anyway. :)

_________________
http://www.timwoodward.weebly.com


Top | End
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Malory Towers on iplayer/CBBC
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2020, 21:28 
Offline
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!
User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2009, 18:41
Posts: 2957
Location: Czech Republic and Herts UK
Thanks for this RubyGates. There is already a thread running on the new series - perhaps a mod can combine this with that as I imagine quite a lot of people will be wanting to comment on it.

I have only watched about five minutes so far but felt much the same as you....

_________________
Cestina's dolls houses - Curtain Up!


Top | End
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Malory Towers on iplayer/CBBC
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2020, 21:45 
Offline
Having Miss Ferrars as Form Mistress
Having Miss Ferrars as Form Mistress
User avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2008, 18:21
Posts: 453
Location: East Sussex
cestina wrote:
Thanks for this RubyGates. There is already a thread running on the new series - perhaps a mod can combine this with that as I imagine quite a lot of people will be wanting to comment on it.

I have only watched about five minutes so far but felt much the same as you....

Ah right, thanks cestina, I had a look for a thread but couldn't see one. :)

_________________
http://www.timwoodward.weebly.com


Top | End
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Malory Towers on iplayer/CBBC
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2020, 21:50 
Offline
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!
User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2009, 18:41
Posts: 2957
Location: Czech Republic and Herts UK
RubyGates wrote:
cestina wrote:
Thanks for this RubyGates. There is already a thread running on the new series - perhaps a mod can combine this with that as I imagine quite a lot of people will be wanting to comment on it.

I have only watched about five minutes so far but felt much the same as you....

Ah right, thanks cestina, I had a look for a thread but couldn't see one. :)

Here it is :)

_________________
Cestina's dolls houses - Curtain Up!


Top | End
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Malory Towers on iplayer/CBBC
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2020, 22:18 
Offline
Rescuing a Junior from the lake
Rescuing a Junior from the lake
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2004, 13:57
Posts: 8216
Location: Manchester
Unfortunately we can only merge threads in fora which we're Mods for, and no-one's a Mod for both :roll: ! Oh well.

_________________
We really must stop eating like this ...

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

http://setinthepast.wordpress.com/




Top | End
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Malory Towers on iplayer/CBBC
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2020, 22:41 
Offline
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!
User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2009, 18:41
Posts: 2957
Location: Czech Republic and Herts UK
Alison H wrote:
Unfortunately we can only merge threads in fora which we're Mods for, and no-one's a Mod for both :roll: ! Oh well.

Dearie me - admin rules raise their tiresome head even here...

One way to combine them would be for Ruby and I to repost in the earlier thread and then delete the other but I seem to remember from spam threads that doesn't work either once there are follow up posts?

_________________
Cestina's dolls houses - Curtain Up!


Top | End
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 08 Apr 2020, 22:01

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group