Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Speaking from the Dais :: Official .:|:. Miss Dene's Office
It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 12:26

Post subject: HELP!!!
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2014, 22:37 
Annoying your friends
Annoying your friends

For 8 years I've been picking up email alerts for Private Messages and for posts on drabbles and forums and been able to click on the web address in the email and get through to the board, with no problem whatsoever. Tonight, suddenly, after Adobe and Windows updated, all I get when I click on the web address is the following info:

[color=#0000FF]This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programme control panel.[/color]

I've never had this problem before, neither my husband or I know what it means and have no idea how to go about installing any program, as have never had to do that before. The same happens when I try to click on the web address for the SDL in an email alert. And yet I opened both of them earlier tonight!! I'm able to open photographs that had been sent and attachments. It only seems to affect these two web addresses.

When Adobe installed itself earlier it also installed Google Chrome, which I immediately uninstalled as it has done crazy things to my laptop in the past.

Anyone any ideas that might help? PLEASE!!!! I'm desperate to know what's wrong.

Top | End

Post subject: Re: HELP!!!
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014, 00:26 
Learning the difference - can and may
Learning the difference - can and may

What happens if you right click on the link and choose to open it that way?
It sounds as though Windows doesn't know what you want to open links in - Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome etc.

Top | End

Post subject: Re: HELP!!!
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014, 07:58 
Stumped by Lower Four's quiz
Stumped by Lower Four's quiz

I agree with Katherine. I've had the same thing happen with email attachments that are in an unusual format. I can't be any help in solving it I'm afraid.

Top | End

Board index .:|:. Speaking from the Dais :: Official .:|:. Miss Dene's Office
It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 12:26