Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Speaking from the Dais :: Official .:|:. Miss Dene's Office
It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 15:51

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Frequently Asked Questions
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2007, 01:05 
Hearing strange noises in the night

Q. Why do I have a description under my name which keeps changing?

A. Everyone starts out "Arguing with your guardian" but this soon changes as you post. The taglines reflect your journey through the Chalet School as if you where a new girl. The description changes at set points depending on your post count. Please note that as threads are archived or pruned, your post count may go down!

Q. How do I get stars under my name?

A. The Stars are also linked to your post count, but the exact relationship isn't known because Liss (the Squeen) likes us to be surprised.

Last edited by Kathye on 02 May 2007, 22:39, edited 2 times in total.

Top | End

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2007, 21:36 
Lamenting the amount of work

Q. I’m having problems logging into the board. What should I do?

A. If you do manage to log in please check the ‘Having a Problem’ forum to see if anyone is experiencing the problem, and check to the FAQ sticky there to see if there is any advice on fixing it. If not them please post for advice.

If you cannot get onto the board at all, try accessing the livejournal account cbb_auxiliary to see if it is a board-wide problem. If necessary please contact Liss at chaletian@yahoo.co.uk.

Q. How do I know in which House I should post my drabble?

A. There are guidelines to the content of each House in this thread. However, if you are still unsure please PM a House mod and they will be happy to help.

Q. Where can I find the Board’s Archives?

A. There are links to the current archives in the forum index. The drabbles can also be accessed through the Index Drabbleorum in Ste Therese’s or St Mildred’s. This forum also has links to all the various archives.

Q. How do I join the locked forums?

A. There are two types of locked forum. One for the gatherers and one for the adult forums (St Hild’s and St Mildred’s.) To join the Gatherers forum you must PM Kate and confim you are over 18. To join the adult forums please PM Mia and confirm you are over 16.

Q. Do you meet up in real life?

A. Yes, we have two large Gathers a year, as well as numerous small ones scattered across the country - nay, the world (sort of!). To gain access to the threads you need to confirm to Kate that you are over 18 and she will add you to the user group. There are two types of gather: those in public or those in a member's house. New members are welcome at all gathers, though please make sure you read the safety information in the forum. You are also welcome to suggest a gather if there isn’t one in your area.

Top | End

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 May 2007, 15:10 

Q. How can I get hold of the books?

A. Girls Gone By Publishers are currently reprinting the books in unedited versions with the original illustrations, however, many have already gone out of print.

A good source for paperbacks, hardbacks or GGBP is ebay, and there is a list of children’s book dealers here in Sales and Wants. There is also the Chalet Transcripts website, where Word versions of out of print books can be found and more information about how to join can be found in this thread. Please be aware that because of copyright issues we do expect members to make every effort to purchase a copy of the book before accessing the transcript.

Q. Are the books abridged?

A. Yes many paperback editions of the books were abridged for publication, the early paperbacks by EBD herself! For a full guide to edits you can download a ticklist for yourself and keep tabs on what books you own.

Q. I have an idea for the board. How can I make it?

A. We have a special forum where all members are welcome to make suggestions called The Suggestions Box. These suggestions are discussed by the mods and the Squeen in detail and an answer given as soon as possible. If an idea is not taken up a reason will normally be provided.

Q. What do the mods do?

A. Heaps of stuff! All the mods are assigned a selection of fora to looks after. They are the people to contact if you have any questions or problems about that fora, and they will always try and help and sort out any issues as quickly as possible. Mods also do general housekeeping (deleting double posts and fixing wide posts), and regular archiving and deleting old posts.

Mods are also here to keep you safe, and are very on the ball to notice dodgy posts. It is important though that every member be on their guard about this and if you spot anything or receive a private message you do not think is appropriate, please contact a mod immediately. Please see the list of current mods.

Top | End

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2007, 13:19 

Q. How do I get a picture under my name ? (These are called Avatars)

A. If you go to profile (at the top of the page) and scroll all the way down to the bottom, there's a button which says 'show gallery'. You should see all the avatars and once you've selected one you like, go to the bottom of that page and click 'select avatar'. After that, you should click submit on the bottom of the profile page

Top | End

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index .:|:. Speaking from the Dais :: Official .:|:. Miss Dene's Office
It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 15:51