Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Speaking from the Dais :: Official .:|:. Miss Dene's Office
It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 01:14

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Welcome to the CBB!
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2007, 13:41 
The Squeen
The Squeen

Greetings, and welcome to the Chaletian Bulletin Board!

I hope you enjoy your sojourn on the CBB, meet some like-minded people, and generally bop around being merry – that is, after all, why the CBB was invented. We are a generally friendly crowd, and if you have problems with anything here, you only need to ask, and someone will come rushing to present you with an answer.

The CBB has been running since late 2002, initially as an off-shoot of the Chaletian website, and then in its own right. We have moved several times, and the board has undergone a number of transformations (yes, it used to be purple… it seemed like an idea at the time…), but we have remained a surprisingly close-knit community, and even sad events such as the entire board being deleted (damn the hackers… damn them…) have not quelled our spirit. Oh no.

We have always encouraged people to participate and interact with other members – that is, after all, the whole point of a message board – and I would like to think that most members have got something out of it. We held our first ‘gathers’ in early 2004, and there have been countless meetings between CBBers since then (personally, my social life has boomed since the first big gather!), but even if you can’t or don’t want to come to something like that, everyone on the board should be able to enjoy the same friendly, happy atmosphere in pursuit of a shared love of Elinor Brent-Dyer’s Chalet School world.

So I hope you enjoy the CBB. If you have any questions or problems, you can always ask a mod, or me, or post on the Ask A Question thread in this forum.

Liss
The Squeen
:parrot:

Top | End

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index .:|:. Speaking from the Dais :: Official .:|:. Miss Dene's Office
It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 01:14