Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Slogging at Lessons :: Books .:|:. South Shields to Switzerland
It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 20:26

Post subject: Achensee on Television
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 15:05 
Attending the Fifth Form Evening

You'll need to be quick as the programme's already started, but it's all about Achensee and there's a live stream here. http://oklivetv.com/orf-2-live/ Apologies for the very short notice, but I've only just come across it myself.

Ok, so it was a bit of a damp squib in that most of the programme was inside Alpenhütten, talking to the owners (It was called "Harry's favourite Alpenhütten", so I suppose that was inevitable.) but there were still some nice shots of the area in between times and the steamer is featured. It will be online here for another 6 days http://tvthek.orf.at/schedule

Look for "Harrys liabste Hütt'n: Rund um den Achensee" 16.00 on Sunday 23rd July.

(Edited a couple of times to bring the post up to date.)

Last edited by Annied on 23 Jul 2017, 19:38, edited 2 times in total.

Top | End

Post subject: Re: Achensee on Television now
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 17:32 
Presenting your school report

Just watched it, thanks for the post Annied. Some lovely shots of the Aachensee and some excellent practice available to those who wish to battle with the Tyrolean (Tyrolese?) dialect. I reckon I got about 80% of what was being said although the last interview had me baffled for much of it!

I do love listening to any Austrian accent though :D

Top | End

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 17:50 

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed it.

If you understood 80% you did a lot better than me, I doubt I even managed 50%. Respect! I'm normally quite good at "tuning in" to accents and I'm reasonably used to Austrian ones anyway, but those had me struggling, they all seemed to be mumbling. I may give it another try sometime, second time round I might pick up a bit more.

Top | End

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 18:06 

Annied wrote:
You're welcome, glad you enjoyed it.

If you understood 80% you did a lot better than me, I doubt I even managed 50%. Respect! I'm normally quite good at "tuning in" to accents and I'm reasonably used to Austrian ones anyway, but those had me struggling, they all seemed to be mumbling. I may give it another try sometime, second time round I might pick up a bit more.

I'm sure you will, I ran some bits a couple of times! It's partly how I learned Czech, listening to the same thing, usually fairy tales or songs, over and over again. First one recognised the odd word, then a phrase, then a sentence....and sooner or later most of it!

Top | End

Post subject: Re: Achensee on Television
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 22:38 
Somehow making an enemy
Somehow making an enemy

Thanks for posting the link. I skipped forward during the last interview but the scenery was great and the steamer too. I loved the yodelling. By the way as I got to the end I noticed UT at the bottom right. UT = Untertiteln. I understood most of it but I think I'll listen to it again tomorrow with the subtitles! Austrian German is easier than Swiss German though. That often has subtitles on German TV!

Gute Nacht und danke, annied.

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 19:40 
Dommy Sci lesson
Dommy Sci lesson

Thanks Ann, that was delightful. I'm holidaying in the UK this year [or until the Euro exchange rate improves a bit], so it was lovely to see those wonderful places again. I hope Oberaudorf is as you left it!
G

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 21:52 

The exchange rate is really dire at the moment isn't it?! I'm hoping it improves before I head back in the autumn.

I was back in Oberaudorf in the Spring, but the weather was pretty poor for almost the entire trip. It was a shame as 3 friends flew over for visits while I was there and only the final friend got a run of decent weather. One poor soul had 3 solid days of snow, which is definitely not what you expect at the end of April.

Top | End

Board index .:|:. Slogging at Lessons :: Books .:|:. South Shields to Switzerland
It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 20:26