Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Raiding the Library :: Fiction .:|:. Stacie Benson's Reading Notes
It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 14:02

Post subject: Advent 2014
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2014, 20:23 
Presenting your school report

An idea was mooted in the current Procrastination Party that people write 'round-robin' type Christmas letters as if they were characters from the series. I have undertaken to organise this, so that they don't all appear on the same day. I will start a thread here in Stacie Benson, on 30 November, and we'll try and get something put up for [ideally each day of] Advent.

So if you would like to take part, whether or not you have already indicated it in the Party, please PM me, and let me know
a - whether you want a character allocated, or who you would like to be if you prefer to do choose.
b - if you are prepared to do more than one, and if so how many.
c - if there is a particular week/time that would be difficult for you to post your piece, please indicate that. too. so that you aren't asked to post on a day that you need to be doing something else.

I'm also thinking we could arrange an anonymous sign-in, so that no one [other than me and the author of that day] will know which is which - then we can have a 'reveal' in the New Year, and perhaps then put the whole lot up ion SDL and LGM so that when the inevitable purge happens, it will still be preserved.

So get thinking, and PM me by the end of the week - i.e. Fri 28th Nov, so I can sort it out over the weekend and arrange to get the first ones put up early next week - on 1st if at all possible.

Top | End

Post subject: Re: Advent 2014
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2014, 14:32 

Currently have 6 days up for grabs - that's allotting everyone who agreed to do more than one the 2 or 3 they said they'd do. So is anyone else up for this, or do we cover it between the folk who have already PM-ed me?

A pseudonymous sign-up has been organised, and log-in details will be PM-ed along with the dates, over the weekend, when I've finalised who goes when. The first 2 days are already allotted, and those people know, so they will have time to get writing - I have names against days 3-7 and will get PMs to those folk before the end of the week to allow them to get going too.

Top | End

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2014, 16:35 
Climbing with your knees bent
Climbing with your knees bent

Thank you so much for organising this, Ruth, and thanks in advance to all the drabblers. I would love to join in but just have too much on this year, so I shall read and enjoy everyone's contributions.

My website - Joyful Jewellery

Joyful Jewellery on Facebook

[url=http://joyful-jewellery.myshopify.com/blogs/news/79806723-christmas-2015New blog post 28th November[/url]

Top | End

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2014, 17:52 

It occurs to me that to keep this manageable, we need a limit of about 500 words for each 'Christmas Letter'. By which I mean I shan't tear my hair if they are 520 words long, so don't try to edit too far down, but it would be really good if they came in at 499 words!

[You'll likely have even less time next December, Jo!]

Top | End

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2014, 00:22 

Announcement post up here!

Top | End

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2014, 17:57 

And sorry to keep spreeing, but just wanted to say that I have PM-ed everyone who is taking part - at least I hope I have! - with log-in details in a general post, and individually re dates that have so far been assigned.

There are 2 gaps, which we would be able to fill with the people already 'in' but if there is someone who's desperate to take part and hasn't yet got in touch, please PM me as soon as poss. That being said, I'm out all day tomorrow, so if you don't get a reply tonight, it probably won't be until Friday morning that I contact you..

And if you thought you'd said you'd like to take part and haven't heard from me, please check your messages in case your inbox is full and you need to delete something to release held messages, but if nothing there, do PM me again in case I've missed it!

Top | End

Board index .:|:. Raiding the Library :: Fiction .:|:. Stacie Benson's Reading Notes
It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 14:02