Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Raiding the Library :: Fiction .:|:. Stacie Benson's Reading Notes
It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 19:51

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDL spam?
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 20:37 
Declaring the Chalet School to be best

Guess it works for you as you are logged in, as Minim says. If you logout each time it presumably won't let you login again

I stay logged in, and have just read your update, thanks Mia!

Top | End

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 21:12 
Rescuing a Junior from the lake

Mine seems to log me out automatically if I haven't been on it for a few days. Not sure why, but it does. And it now won't let me log in again, which I assume is the same problem that other people are having. I can read other people's updates, but can't post or comment. I am hopeless with technology so have no idea about it all :roll: :lol: . I had a review from a kind person this morning, so it's obviously working fine for people who are logged in.

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

http://setinthepast.wordpress.com/

Top | End

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 21:57 
Starting in the Sixth
Starting in the Sixth

Alison H wrote:
Mine seems to log me out automatically if I haven't been on it for a few days. Not sure why, but it does. And it now won't let me log in again, which I assume is the same problem that other people are having. I can read other people's updates, but can't post or comment. I am hopeless with technology so have no idea about it all :roll: :lol: . I had a review from a kind person this morning, so it's obviously working fine for people who are logged in.

Yup, that's what's happened with me, too.

Top | End

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 23:34 
Saturday Ramble
Saturday Ramble

But it doesn't work properly for me either even though I'm logged in. I cannot access 'Account Info' even though I should be able to. I can update my drabbles but I have to find the drabbles via other functions (which is less convenient although not as inconvenient as not being able to update at all), and I can comment using my profile (and if you aren't logged in you can make comments also, you just don't get them connected to your profile and you also have to type a simple code each time). But I cannot edit my profile, start a new story or create a new series.

Edit: by deleting a drabble I found how to make a new story if you're logged in (here) and the easy-access drabble panel (here). I can't add, edit, or remove a favourite. I'll see if I can find a workaround for logging in.

Edit 2: Manage series now found for logged-in people. Being able to make a new story/series via workarounds but not being able to edit favourites makes me feel it's less likely this is because it's being worked on. (esp. given that spam comments are still up.)

Edit 3: It seems anything on the SDL's /user.php path is currently inaccessible. I posted in Ask The Librarian in case that helps!

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018, 11:12 
Being told to stand on your own two feet
Being told to stand on your own two feet

I cannot log in, telling me Access denied :?

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018, 11:15 
Being rescued by Dr Ackles
Being rescued by Dr Ackles

I've let Liss know myself.

Top | End

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 07:45 

What I want to know is how the spammers get round it :lol: . I keep getting spam reviews - the latest ones are from "Nicole" and "Kathleen", so they can log in, but I can't! I suppose they're more IT savvy than I am ... which isn't saying much!

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

http://setinthepast.wordpress.com/

Top | End

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 08:50 
Saturday Ramble
Saturday Ramble

You don't have to be logged in to write reviews. :wink:

Top | End

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 14:07 
Donating it to the Childrens' Ward
Donating it to the Childrens' Ward

Also getting the access denied thing when logging in. Guessing it's a general issue with the board?

Top | End

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2018, 00:03 

Although login still doesn't work, looks as though Liss has been getting rid of spam, last time I looked at A New Dream there was a spam review but that has now gone

Up to now I have been logged in when I've looked, but it has now logged me out, which it does every so often.

Top | End

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2018, 00:40 
Jolly good hols...
Jolly good hols...

ivohenry wrote:
Up to now I have been logged in when I've looked, but it has now logged me out, which it does every so often.

That has just happened to me too, as it also does for me periodically, probably about once a month, and I can't log back in again. Sigh!!!

Top | End

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2018, 14:11 
Still bored
Still bored

ivohenry wrote:
Although login still doesn't work, looks as though Liss has been getting rid of spam, last time I looked at A New Dream there was a spam review but that has now gone.

That's because I can delete the spam from those who aren't members, ivohenry, and so got rid of the one in Vol 10. But every single day I get them in Volume 7, as though they're automatically re-adding as I delete, and am getting rather fed up with it all, though that's better than all the ones I can't delete elsewhere.

I did manage to post the latest chapter last week, as per Minim's instructions, but although a few have reviewed, I'm assuming the others who normally post simply can't get through. Anyone any idea how long this is going to last?

Top | End

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2018, 14:34 
Saturday Ramble
Saturday Ramble

It logged me out a couple of days ago. :dontknow: How long it lasts depends on how long it takes Liss to (get the time to) fix it, and what exactly needs doing to fix it - if it needs upgrading for example that would take a lot more time than if an easily-fixable bug was the cause! We shall just have to Wait For It. 8)

Top | End

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 18:02 

Would be good if someone who is in touch with Liss could ask her for an update and post here. If it's something we just have to wait till she has time to deal with , it would be good to know and we'll just have to be patient(!), but if it's something more, would be nice to know how long it is likely to be.

Top | End

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2018, 10:10 
Coming top in the form
Coming top in the form

Minim wrote:
You don't have to be logged in to write reviews. :wink:

Actually, the reason I never review anymore is it tells me I need to log-in to review, and when I try to log-in, it doesn't work.

Top | End

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2018, 10:48 

You can review if not logged in. If you review when logged in it will say "Ivohenry signed" , if you review when not logged in and put your name it will say "Ivohenry anonymous". When reviewing not logged in it will ask you to fill in a security code.

Top | End

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2018, 10:53 
Coming top in the form
Coming top in the form

ivohenry wrote:
You can review if not logged in. If you review when logged in it will say "Ivohenry signed" , if you review when not logged in and put your name it will say "Ivohenry anonymous". When reviewing not logged in it will ask you to fill in a security code.

OK, I get that works for others, but it doesn't work for me in several different browsers and on several different computers and phones.

Top | End

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2018, 13:02 
Saturday Ramble
Saturday Ramble

Huh. That's odd. (I've tried to get it to happen on here but it's not playing ball with me. :dontknow: )

Top | End

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 19:26 
Playing up in prep
Playing up in prep

I wonder if everyone emailing Liss would at least get a response on one of the Board?

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 10:49 

In the past she's posted something on SDL home page under Site news - old messages still there - so why hasn't she done that this time? She must be aware that we'd all like to know the situation - even if it's bad news!

Top | End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index .:|:. Raiding the Library :: Fiction .:|:. Stacie Benson's Reading Notes
It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 19:51