Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Slogging at Lessons :: Books .:|:. Lemon Biscuits & Liberty Bodices
It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 19:13

Post subject: Re: Worst written scenes in the CS?
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2018, 08:50 
Taking Lower IV A for Prep
Taking Lower IV A for Prep

Alison H wrote:
Quote:
Her splendid eyes grew misty at the thought ... But the Robin was only twelve now. There were eight or nine years to go before they could decide that she was safe. At present, any danger of disease was to be warded off most carefully, for they all dreaded any strain on her little strength.

With the memory of the exquisite little face, framed in its short thick crop of black curls, floating before her mind, Jo felt suddenly sick at the thought of how nearly the Robin had been exposed to infection

I feel "suddenly sick" every time I read that. "Splendid eyes"?! And why isn't Jo worried about poor Peggy, who has caught measles and is quite ill!

Perhaps she has been reassured by the assurance that Peggy's got "a tough little constitution... don't worry about her". It's only later that she learns how ill she's really been.

Top | End

Post subject: Re: Worst written scenes in the CS?
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2018, 09:01 
Being told to stand on your own two feet
Being told to stand on your own two feet

I know its been mentioned but I hate Len and Regs engagement....it should never have happened anyway but the way it was written was pretty dire!!

Top | End

Board index .:|:. Slogging at Lessons :: Books .:|:. Lemon Biscuits & Liberty Bodices
It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 19:13