Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Slogging at Lessons :: Books .:|:. Lemon Biscuits & Liberty Bodices
It is currently 04 Jun 2020, 19:11

Post subject: Re: twins
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2019, 16:09 
Scarlet fever!
Scarlet fever!

My mother and her sister were identical twins. THey had exactly the same taste in clothes - often turned up wearing very similar outfits. They lived in neighbouring villages, and often confused local people if they met the "wrong" twin on the bus or around. One lady said to one of them in surprise "you're not you, you're your sister!"
My brother and I, and our cousins, always knew them apart but there were other family and friends who sometimes didn't .

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2019, 18:15 
Attending the Fifth Form Evening
Attending the Fifth Form Evening

I used to play with a pair of identical twins from my neighbourhood. I actually can't remember ever getting them mixed up, although I must have. My uncles are identical twins and I've never got them mixed up either (although their children have been confused about which one is daddy). The more time you spend with twins, the more you see little differences between them.

Twins don't seem that big of a deal in the Chalet School world. The Maynards and the Bettanys each have two sets, which is very rare, but that pales compared to the existence of triplets.

Top | End

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2019, 19:51 
Being taken down a peg or two
Being taken down a peg or two

mynameisdumbnuts wrote:

Twins don't seem that big of a deal in the Chalet School world. The Maynards and the Bettanys each have two sets, which is very rare.

Is it very rare, though? Back in the day when large families were the norm, you often did have more than one set of twins - my maternal great-grandfather had a twin, and there were another set of twins in his family, as well as several "singletons".

Top | End

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2019, 23:45 
Scarlet fever!
Scarlet fever!

Identical twins are random, fraternal twins (like most of those in CS) run in families, so not so unlikely there would be at least some more after Madge and Dick - though perhaps not quite so many! EJO though mostly has identicals, which is very unlikely to happen in such quantity.

Top | End

Board index .:|:. Slogging at Lessons :: Books .:|:. Lemon Biscuits & Liberty Bodices
It is currently 04 Jun 2020, 19:11