Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. English Tea at Freudesheim
It is currently 23 Jun 2017, 06:12

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ask the Chaletian
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2011, 22:38 
Reserving an embroidered picture

Example 1

Quote:
Dear Chaletian, I am finding it hard to read nowawdays, but I have made such a fuss about never needing glasses I just don't know what everyone will say. H

Quote:
Dear H, We all knew anyway, you keep trying to hold the print so far away that you nearly end up with it on the other side of the staff room table. Just get some damn glasses already

Example 2

Quote:
Dear Chaletian, I am finding it hard to leave my sisters to make their own decisions. L

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2011, 22:51 

If someone else has replied to the one you wanted to reply to, best thing to do is to quote the original question, then your answer, then if there are a few answers it makes it less confusing.

Hope people enjoy as much as we have in thinking up the first few posts !!

K

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2011, 22:54 
Rescuing a Junior from the lake

We had a problem page drabble once - I think Liz B was the distinguished author :D - and it was brilliant. Nice to see the idea making a second coming :D .

Dear Chaletian,
I thought I'd met Mr Right, but he finished with me after his sister found out about some things my parents did years ago and told him that he wasn't good enough for me. I was so upset that I had to miss a term of university. I'm now staying with my guardian in Austria, and who should have turned up here on holiday but my ex and his sister! What should I do? J

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

http://setinthepast.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Alison H on 28 Jul 2011, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2011, 22:55 
Battling with Matey
Battling with Matey

Dear Chaletian, Every time I go to the shed to clean my tools there is a girl or mistress in there. I do not know what they want. What should I do? G

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2011, 22:57 

Quote:
Dear Chaletian,
I thought I'd met Mr Right, but he finished with me after his sister found out about some things my parents did years ago and told him that he wasn't good enough for me. I was so upset that I had to miss a term of university. I'm now staying with my guardian in Austria, and who should have turned up here on holiday but my ex and his sister! What should I do? J

Dear J, Now it all depends on how nice the sister is, do you want her for a "sister in law"? If so, then I would see whether you have a meddling friend with a red sunshade who could help. J

ETA - thats cool to know it worked before ! Yay, this should be fun.

Will leave someone else to answer the G one, not my area of expertise...

Top | End

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2011, 23:00 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

Joanne wrote:
Dear Chaletian, Every time I go to the shed to clean my tools there is a girl or mistress in there. I do not know what they want. What should I do? G

Dear G - They just want your help with the creation of new life in their own little garden. I have the highest opinion of your capabilities in this area.

Alison H wrote:
Dear Chaletian,

Dear J - There are various things you could try: A swarm of bees in his bedroom, or ants in his bed. If you fancy something a little more subtle, you could try accidentally pushing him into the lake....

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 00:57 
Saying you only know three German words

Dear Chaletian
I've only just started here but really there's a girl I can't abide! She's so cheeky and know-it-all yet everyone else seems to adore her, saying 'Oh it's only her!'. We're going on a school trip soon and we'll have to stay together for most of it as she's helping to supervise, what should I do? K

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 08:37 
Swept off by Matey to pack

Dear Chaletian,

We have a problem with an interfering parent, mother of three girls at the school. She is always 'popping over to chat' about things, and meddling with the running of the school itself. The family home is next to the school grounds so there seems to be no escape. How can I discourage her without making bad blood - she does have a vested interest in th school, after all ? H

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 08:56 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

AngelaVNO wrote:
Dear Chaletian
I've only just started here but really there's a girl I can't abide! She's so cheeky and know-it-all yet everyone else seems to adore her, saying 'Oh it's only her!'. We're going on a school trip soon and we'll have to stay together for most of it as she's helping to supervise, what should I do? K

Dear K,
Do not worry too much about this girl. If you are going on a trip there will almost certainly be a big lake or a mountainside involved and with a bit of on-the-spot planning you should be able to tumble into or off the useful beautiful scenery and she will attempt to rescue you. Just make sure she's the one that drowns or tumbles to the bottom of the rockface....

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 09:24 
Castor Oil!
Castor Oil!

fraujackson wrote:
Dear Chaletian,

We have a problem with an interfering parent, mother of three girls at the school. She is always 'popping over to chat' about things, and meddling with the running of the school itself. The family home is next to the school grounds so there seems to be no escape. How can I discourage her without making bad blood - she does have a vested interest in th school, after all ? H

Dear H
This may be a little extreme but I sense your long-standing frustration and sometimes there's just no point in being tactful. What you need to do is put up barbed wire fencing all round the school, have some intruder alarms installed and perhaps get a couple of armed guards to patrol the perimeter. Good luck!

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 09:32 
Castor Oil!
Castor Oil!

RubyGates wrote:
fraujackson wrote:
Dear Chaletian,

Dear H
This may be a little extreme but I sense your long-standing frustration and sometimes there's just no point in being tactful. What you need to do is put up barbed wire fencing all round the school, have some intruder alarms installed and perhaps get a couple of armed guards to patrol the perimeter. Good luck!

Dear Chaletian
I work for a very nice doctor and his tactless, bumptious wife. They hired me as housekeeper-cum-nanny which was fine when they only had their three adorable little girls. But now they have eleven children, five adopted kids, a large untrained dog and a huge house. I'm expected to do everything myself and I never get a day off. I can't cope with all the work any more. I'm not even sure I'm being paid. Someone once mentioned something about a "union" but I'm not sure what that is. Can you help at all? Should I try contact this "union"? A

Sorry!! Unintentional spreeing, thought I'd edited it, not added a new post.

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 09:41 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

RubyGates wrote:
Dear Chaletian
I work for a very nice doctor and his tactless, bumptious wife. They hired me as housekeeper-cum-nanny which was fine when they only had their three adorable little girls. But now they have eleven children, five adopted kids, a large untrained dog and a huge house. I'm expected to do everything myself and I never get a day off. I can't cope with all the work any more. I'm not even sure I'm being paid. Someone once mentioned something about a "union" but I'm not sure what that is. Can you help at all? Should I try contact this "union"? A

Dear A,
I am afraid that things have probably gone beyond the help that a union could give you. If in fact there is a union that covers people in your appalling situation.

I suggest that you start with disposing of the dog and the huge house. Ask a trusted friend to take him for a few days, arguing that you need to springclean the house from top to bottom. Then arrange for a small fire to spread rapidly through the building.

This will mean that the large family will have to be split up amongst various willing friends and the whole situation will become more manageable.

If you can manage to get slightly injured in the fire - perhaps whilst rescuing something of value to your employers - you should be able to persuade them to let you have a short holiday with your family in another country. Then do not return.....

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 09:47 
Playing up in prep
Playing up in prep

Quote:
Quote:
Dear Chaletian

Dear A,
It definitely sounds like your workload has changed - but perhaps your employers haven't realised it yet? Sometimes when change is gradual it's hard to see that it has happened at all. Your first step should be the three C's - communication, communication, communication! And if they're not willing to listen, then perhaps it's time to find a more suitable arrangement - don't forget to check the Chaletian's "Situations vacant" pages to find out what you could be doing instead!

Dear Chaletian,
My elder sister has recently married, and I couldn't be happier for her - especially since her husband has welcomed both me and my younger sister into his home. But at the same time, I can't help but notice he always has to be right - and my sister keeps caving in to him, too! She's always been very assertive and independent, and I want to let her know that I think she's changing for the worse - but I don't want her to think I dislike her husband! H E L P!
J

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 11:04 

Nightwing wrote:
Dear Chaletian,
My elder sister has recently married, and I couldn't be happier for her - especially since her husband has welcomed both me and my younger sister into his home. But at the same time, I can't help but notice he always has to be right - and my sister keeps caving in to him, too! She's always been very assertive and independent, and I want to let her know that I think she's changing for the worse - but I don't want her to think I dislike her husband! H E L P!
J

Dear J,

I suspect you'll find that your sister isn't really caving into your brother-in-law: she's just letting him think she is. If you watch her closely, you might see a lot of raised eyebrows and secret smiles. Try it yourself - talk about subjects which you know more about than he does and, when he tries to make out that he's an expert on them, just have a quiet chuckle to yourself at his expense. At the same time, I'd keep an eye on him, just to make sure that he isn't slipping anything into your sister's food or drink that might be causing any sort of personality changes.

Good luck!

Dear Chaletian,

My mother died when I was very young, and, when I was in my early teens, my father got married again, to my best friend's mother. I was delighted about it at the time, but now I'm finding that my friend/sister by marriage is taking over my life and making everyone think that I'm useless and can't do anything for myself. I don't want to hurt her, but it's not very nice being treated like this. What can I do? V

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

http://setinthepast.wordpress.com/

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 11:21 
Sub-prefect!
Sub-prefect!

Dear Chaletian, I don't know if you answer questions from very young people but I just can't bear it any more. I have come to live with a very kind family but they just refuse to use my very pretty name that my dearest Mamma gave me when I was born. They will keep calling me by some silly bird's name. What can I do to stop them?

Love from C M
PS My darling Mamma is dead now and that makes it all much much worse

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 16:08 
Castor Oil!
Castor Oil!

cestina wrote:
Dear Chaletian, I don't know if you answer questions from very young people but I just can't bear it any more. I have come to live with a very kind family but they just refuse to use my very pretty name that my dearest Mamma gave me when I was born. They will keep calling me by some silly bird's name. What can I do to stop them?

Love from C M
PS My darling Mamma is dead now and that makes it all much much worse

Dear CM
Of course we will answer questions from very young people. What a difficult situation for you. Have you tried politely but firmly asking this family not to call by the bird's name? Perhaps you could refuse to answer to anything but your real name. After all if this sort of silliness isn't nipped in the bud who knows how it will end? They will be calling all the girls by boys' names next, haha!

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 19:08 
Climbing with your knees bent
Climbing with your knees bent

Dear Chaletian,

My mother and father have died and now I've been sent to this school. The girls here are all nasty to me and hate me but I don't know what I've done wrong! Nobody loves me any more now that mother and father are gone :cry: . How do I deal with all of the others hating me? E.

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 19:15 

Brilliant :)

Dear Chaletian,
I am struggling to overcome my crush on one of the mistresses. It really is very embarrasing to admitt that I have feelings for Miss Ferrars. Do you think I should tell her?

Annonymous

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 19:20 

Dear Nancy Anonymous,

I think you should tell her. She might feel the same way. K

Top | End

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2011, 19:22 

Beecharmer wrote:
Dear Nancy Anonymous,

I think you should tell her. She might feel the same way. K

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How did you guess it was from me? er Nancy?? :)

Dear Chaletian,
I did just that and had the most amazing results. You were right, and I will be for ever greatful for your advice!

Nancy :)xxxx

Top | End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. English Tea at Freudesheim
It is currently 23 Jun 2017, 06:12