Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. English Tea at Freudesheim
It is currently 19 Aug 2022, 08:16

Post subject: Lime green things
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2021, 16:39 
Having Miss Annersley for Civics

OK, just for a silly five minutes: I know lime green isn't really Joey's favourite colour (though I do think it may have been EMBD's), but I wonder how much of a lime green environment you could have? Among the more unusual things I saw yesterday were lime green tomatoes (https://thetomatostall.co.uk/ ) and a tiny lime green spider (probably a cucumber spider). Bring on your lime greenery!

Top | End

Post subject: Re: Lime green things
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2021, 17:33 
Having Miss Ferrars as Form Mistress

I had a lime green dress with an orange stripe/band round its waist way back at the time when lime green was mentioned several times in the Swiss books. It was definitely a fashionable colour at the time. In the 50s when I really was young I had lime green ankle socks.

I don't think I have anything lime green in the house today apart from real limes in the fridge. Gin and lime, anyone? That used to be my favourite drink as a student (when I could afford it).

Top | End

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2021, 19:02 
Winning the dolls' house
Winning the dolls' house

My car is lime green in some light. Normally it's more granny smith coloured.

Top | End

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2021, 19:30 
Hemming sheets
Hemming sheets

My cat has several lime green toys and also his dish is lime green - I think it’s his favourite colour :D

Top | End

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2021, 23:04 
Spending time in the san
Spending time in the san

I have a lime green living room, well the walls anyhow. In my defence I painted it before I had my cataracts done.

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2021, 08:16 

exile wrote:
My car is lime green in some light. Normally it's more granny smith coloured.

I'd forgotten that one - I had a lime green mini back in the day (just after the lime-green dress).

Quote:
I have a lime green living room, well the walls anyhow. In my defence I painted it before I had my cataracts done.
:lol: :lol:

Top | End

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2021, 11:21 
Toothache!
Toothache!

I thought I didn't have any lime green - it's not a favourite of mine. But I've just looked at my place mat - it has a fine purple elephant under a yellow arch, but he has a surround of lime green with some yellow and white flowers. It probably looks better than I've made it sound, or maybe only if you like elephants as much as I do. :lol:

Top | End

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2021, 21:54 

I've been trying to remember the lime green things in the CS books - I know Miss Annersley sports a lime green frock in Feud, and I remember a lime-green twinset from somewhere, and the lime green and cream minibus that the Maynards acquire (Joey & Co in Tyrol]?). Any others?
Edited for italics!

Last edited by Noreen on 24 Jun 2021, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

Top | End

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2021, 22:35 
Hemming sheets
Hemming sheets

Joey was dying a dress green and tipped the bowl over her when she was pregnant with Stephen and threatened to call him green - was it lime green?

Top | End

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2021, 22:52 
Playing end of term games
Playing end of term games

Just looked it up, the dress was actually lime green to begin with, but it had faded in the sunshine so Jo decided to dye it. The dye is just said to be green.

I think she knitted a lime green twinset , not sure who for, maybe herself?

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2021, 11:44 

I think Biddy was the recipient of the twinset, or the other way round? Not sure though!

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2021, 15:48 
Trying to be helpful
Trying to be helpful

Other than Con's exclamation about the minibus ("Lime-green and cream! Just the colours I love!") in Future, the only examples I recorded when hunting for references were Miss Annersley's "pretty lime-green woollen frock with a white cardigan over it" one cold morning in Feud, and the "charming twin-set in lime green which Joey had knitted" for the Sale, won by Miss Derwent Coming of Age. Biddy does knit an "elaborate, lacey jumper" for Jo in Does It Again, after presenting her with the needles and wool as a joke at Christmas, but it is the "soft green" that Miss Armitage declares to be "Jo's colour beyond a doubt."

I think that, other than the 2005 CBB neckerchief and the covers of some books, the main lime-greenish things I own are a tape measure and a box cutter -- much harder to mislay than their predecessors!

Top | End

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2022, 13:26 
Remove to Inter V
Remove to Inter V

I have a dark grey school jumper with a lime green stripe round the neck and a girl's name scrawled on the label, picked it up on Ebay once along with some other clothes. It's from some unknown school, probably in the SE London/Kent area.

Unlike most of the other random old schoolclothes (jumpers, skirts, etc) I've picked up extremely cheaply, this one is much too small for me to wear. I always think a single coloured neck stripe on a jumper looks nicer. Two stripes like some have, seems a bit fussy IMO. I must admit that new school jumpers (mostly plain-coloured with no stripes), are very useful for keeping warm in winter! But they have to be 100% acrylic, polycotton is not as warm.

On the subject of school uniform, I always wonder who buys all the cheap generic uniform jumpers or whatever that you can get on Ebay, because most schools nowadays seem to insist on uniforms with several more expensive proprietary items. You can buy very large-sized school cardigans, I thought they were mostly confined to primary schools only. Think there's the odd secondary that still has gymslips as a uniform option, rare nowadays.

As for other things, think there are one or two lime green hair bands around. Also a bottle of Waitrose lime juice (for diluting) in my bedroom. I hate sugar free things (the awful sugar tax should be scrapped!), Roses lime juice is my favourite. Unfortunately couldn't get it.

Top | End

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. English Tea at Freudesheim
It is currently 19 Aug 2022, 08:16