Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 02:35

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: The All New And Shiny Happiness Thread
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2016, 14:09 
Having a say in the Sale theme
Having a say in the Sale theme

Time for a new Happy Days thread as the other one had reached twenty-eight pages.

Last night at the Town Council meeting, we began by singing the National Anthem and gave three cheers for the Queen.

We had an uncontested election this time round, so I shall be serving as a Town councillor for another four years. But that is enough, ten years is enough as far as I'm concerned.

Top | End

Post subject: Re: The All New And Shiny Happiness Thread
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2016, 18:27 
Asked to help with the play
Asked to help with the play

I didn't get to see "Star Wars The Force Awakens" at the cinema (saw all the others as they came out) because of lack of mobility but bought the DVD on Monday and I am going to watch it tonight!

Top | End

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2016, 19:02 
Dommy Sci lesson
Dommy Sci lesson

I have decided to do my much looked-forward to autumn Pertisau trip by car, and today, have sorted the route and booked the outward ferry journey and the hotel stops on the way there. I booked four nights in Pertisau a few weeks ago and will play it by ear on the way back.

Top | End

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2016, 20:10 
Rescued by doctors
Rescued by doctors

I have tomorrow off. Can't remember the last time I had Saturday off.

Top | End

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2016, 09:21 
Climbing with your knees bent

It's a long weekend and I have absolutely nothing planned It's so nice just to relax and do nothing. Or to do lots of I feel like it but without having to be anywhere at a specific time!

Top | End

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2016, 18:28 
Donating it to the Childrens' Ward

Enjoyed a seven mile walk yesterday with my friend :) we had a well - earned drink at the end in a pub.

Top | End

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 12:22 
Jolly good hols...
Jolly good hols...

exile wrote:
I have tomorrow off. Can't remember the last time I had Saturday off.

I love that feeling! Though it's also slightly weird and disjointed - what are all these people doing in town? What does one DO on a Saturday?

I had a wonderfully peaceful Sunday after a thoroughly enjoyable morning service. All the sopranos got little solos (mine was the intonation before Durufle's Ubi Caritas) and in the afternoon I got lots of advance-cooking done and moved my third bookcase into my room and filled it, emptying all my boxes in the process and clearing the floor so that I have room to breathe. Now the wall opposite my desk looks much less bare and much more pleasant, lined with books and my big red noticeboard! In the evening I ate my tea in front of Dinnerladies and laughed a lot. Quiet, solitary, and really very pleasant indeed.

Outskirts Of The Twenties: Polari

Non-CS fic: Late Back (Good Omens)

Top | End

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 19:58 
Rescued by doctors
Rescued by doctors

Sounds like a day well spent Finn. I, in theory, had Sunday off but I went in and spent 6 hours cleaning with my boss. Since we were closed it was quite peaceful and very sociable. I was knackered by the time we finished though, possibly the 5 miles or so of walking before had might have been a factor? I went to a horse thing before I went to work which was very enjoyable. Meanwhile the boss is cursing the way her perfectionist tendencies have rubbed off because now I notice bits of muck that she doesn't.

Top | End

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 21:45 
Presenting your school report

I attempted my first batch of sourdough rolls today, and they went beautifully - nice even texture. Very pleasing! I love sourdough; it's so magical.

Top | End

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 12:19 
Hemming sheets
Hemming sheets

I posted on the Positive Thoughts thread back in January the tribulations of my daughter, K, whose University had pulled her from doing her final year teaching placement following her diagnosis with epilepsy. We have been moithering them of late to try to get them to tell us exactly what steps they were taking to get her sorted with a new placement for the autumn and she heard this morning that she's got one. Admittedly they can't take much credit for this - we were in the local supermarket last Friday evening and bumped into a teacher from her own old primary school who actually recognised her and asked what she was now doing. K explained and the teacher said that she was now in charge of student placements at the school and that she'd be happy to have her so K passed that information on to the University who have then sorted it. What works even better is that it is within walking distance from home, so there are no transportation difficulties (although she has finally this week got her free travel pass).

Top | End

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 13:08 
Lamenting the amount of work

Just heard that my new car has left the factory and is on its way to the port for shipping to UK ... :D

Top | End

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 13:29 
Scolding a Middle for slang
Scolding a Middle for slang

I am finally feeling human again and out and about, having been laid low by a horrible virus since last Thursday.

I was fine on Wednesday, but it struck overnight and I didn't even want to eat for 2 days, which only ever happens when I'm ill! :lol: (Just in case anyone is worried, I did drink lots of water to keep my fluid intake up.)

I'm very rarely ill, so it has to be something bad to penetrate my defences. Still a bit chesty, but that can linger for a while after the main event has gone.

Top | End

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 14:35 
Jolly good hols...
Jolly good hols...

chattie wrote:
I posted on the Positive Thoughts thread back in January the tribulations of my daughter, K, whose University had pulled her from doing her final year teaching placement following her diagnosis with epilepsy. We have been moithering them of late to try to get them to tell us exactly what steps they were taking to get her sorted with a new placement for the autumn and she heard this morning that she's got one. Admittedly they can't take much credit for this - we were in the local supermarket last Friday evening and bumped into a teacher from her own old primary school who actually recognised her and asked what she was now doing. K explained and the teacher said that she was now in charge of student placements at the school and that she'd be happy to have her so K passed that information on to the University who have then sorted it. What works even better is that it is within walking distance from home, so there are no transportation difficulties (although she has finally this week got her free travel pass).

This is great news!

(Short notice, but are you about tomorrow?)

Outskirts Of The Twenties: Polari

Non-CS fic: Late Back (Good Omens)

Top | End

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 18:25 

Two weeks on Thursday, WhiteQueen arrives wither hubby and Mum! :)
Then we hit York and go and see Jason Donovan - still can't get over Vick booking the same concert too; complete coincidence! :D

Top | End

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 21:29 

emma t wrote:
Two weeks on Thursday, WhiteQueen arrives wither hubby and Mum! :)
Then we hit York and go and see Jason Donovan - still can't get over Vick booking the same concert too; complete coincidence! :D

:popper:

Top | End

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2016, 22:09 
Having Miss Ferrars as Form Mistress
Having Miss Ferrars as Form Mistress

Yay, I can start looking forward to it now, it's soon!
I am also happy because after a horrible cold and two days of near deafness I managed to pop out my ear today so I have sound again :)
I also received a gift card earned from doing surveys, so following the Bealtaine ceremony on Saturday I shall be taking it shopping!

Top | End

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2016, 12:12 
Learning to play Lacrosse
Learning to play Lacrosse

How to keep your neighbours happy - inform them well in advance of your plans to have a party. My neighbour in the top floor flat is planning a party for his brother this evening. He's pinned up a note in the stairway to warn us, apologise in advance for any noise and left his mobile number to ring him in case the noise gets too much.
A bit of consideration works wonders :)

Top | End

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2016, 20:25 
...and Results
...and Results

Elli and Helli (Elisabeth and Helmut), my lovely neighbours here in Bavaria, who've given me so much help since I bought my flat are Anglophiles. Elli in particular is also a great royalist and has been talking for over a year now of wanting to be in London for the Trooping of the Colour and to see the Queen. For Christmas this year, Helli gave her a 2 day trip to London over that weekend in June. Elli then started to worry about where to stand and how early they'd need to arrive to obtain a decent view. She also found out that a limited number of seats were available in stands at Horseguards Parade (which was more than I knew!) and duly applied for entry into the ballot for tickets. Meanwhile, I rallied friends and a further 8 applications for tickets went in on their behalf.

The ballot took place a couple of weeks ago, when I was already here in Germany on my spring visit. Unbelievably both I and my neighbour in England were lucky. What none of us realised when we entered the ballot however, was that we would have to get our cheques off within 2 weeks of being offered tickets, which ruled out the original plan of simply sending any invitation to buy tickets over to me. This is where my lovely neighbour in England, Barbara, stepped in. She immediately sent off for the tickets she'd been offered and they arrived today, so Elli and Helli definitely have their seats. Elli is ecstatic. On Friday, Barbara received the cheques I sent, one to pay her back and one to send with my application. She's now sent off for my tickets, so, assuming they too arrive safely, a friend and I will be there as well. (Barbara didn't want to go.)

I'm thrilled to bits for Elli and Helli and very appreciative of the fact that I have such good neighbours both in Bavaria and in the UK.

Top | End

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2016, 20:49 

Oh how lovely Annied! Viel, viel spass allerseits- have a fabulous time..... :D

Top | End

PostPosted: 01 May 2016, 13:42 

That's lovely Annied.

I found a sketching group and have picked up my pencils again after hardly sketching at all for years. Really enjoying it. Today I bought a little travel watercolour set and have been trying out pen and wash sketches.

Top | End

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. The Rose Garden
It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 02:35